Mopar 440 with 4150 style Pro Flo 4 and 727 .... Throttle linkage and kick down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skidep View Post
    I've used the AR005 with success as can be seen in my post below. Only modification needed was to drill attaching holes for the intake manifold bolts to upper location in the bracket to avoid contact with the fuel rail.
    Hi Skidep

That is good to know ..... looks like you are using the #35910 supplied manifold which is quite tall. I notice that Boertie above was using an Edelbrock Performer RPM. I dont have the hood hight for either of those so may well end up having to use a modified Performer (not RPM), Holley Street Dominator or Torker ll.

Does the AR005 deal with the kickdown issue or only the throttle?

Do you have any close up photos of how your bracket fitted? I took this from your link.

temp2.jpg
    Last edited by Jacbjacb; 12-02-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I can send them my setup if they want.. I have a manifold and T.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Derwud View Post
        I can send them my setup if they want.. I have a manifold and T.B.
        Hi Derwud

That might be a great outcome ….. You might like to call Lokar and keep Us/Edelbrock posted? Don't forget to tell them about this post on the Pro Flo 4 Forum.

Just a thought you would have to probably send them the injectors and fuel rails as well for clearance issues.

Hopefully they could come up with a setup that is referenced to the Pro Flo 4 throttle Body and is not be affected by manifold height. Since we are talking about BB Mopar it would be good if they could work with the 7272's kick down geometry for a bolt on "Plug and Play" product.
        Last edited by Jacbjacb; 12-03-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacbjacb View Post

Hi Derwud

That might be a great outcome ….. You might like to call Lokar and keep Us/Edelbrock posted? Don't forget to tell them about this post on the Pro Flo 4 Forum.

Just a thought you would have to probably send them the injectors and fuel rails as well for clearance issues.

Hope fully they could come up with a setup that is referenced to the Pro Flo 4 throttle Body and is not be affected by manifold height. Since we are talking about BB Mopar it would be good if they could work with the 7272's kick down geometry for a bolt on "Plug and Play" product.
          E-mail sent to Lokar.. We will see what they say

Comment

Ordering an IAC valve for fitment, if needed by Lokar.

Comment

Ordering an IAC valve for fitment, if needed by Lokar.
              Can you elaborate on that Derwud ...... What happened to the IAC on your Edelbrock PF4 throttle body?

Comment

Can you elaborate on that Derwud ...... What happened to the IAC on your Edelbrock PF4 throttle body?
                Really long story, but.... I have a mock up T.B. for checking fit on Gen 2 Chargers.. I got a great deal on a Victor F.I maniflod..

Comment

Really long story, but.... I have a mock up T.B. for checking fit on Gen 2 Chargers.. I got a great deal on a Victor F.I maniflod..
                  OK the Victor EFI is a great manifold if you have the space for it... do you have a #29545 EFI 440 manifold that comes in the #35910 Pr Flo 4 kit? If not the manifold might not be so important to Lokar since the fuel rails would be in a different place. I don’t have the height available for the #29545 and will therefore have to use a low rise manifold, so the fuel rails will be more of a clearance issue. But hopefully if they reference the geometry to the TB (not the manifold) the manifold height won’t matter.

Let’s hope Lokar can come up with something.

Comment

I got an E-mail from Travis Johnson and he stated they are working on it, but no ETA.

Comment

Hi Skidep

That is good to know ..... looks like you are using the #35910 supplied manifold which is quite tall. I notice that Boertie above was using an Edelbrock Performer RPM. I dont have the hood hight for either of those so may well end up having to use a modified Performer (not RPM), Holley Street Dominator or Torker ll.

Does the AR005 deal with the kickdown issue or only the throttle?

Do you have any close up photos of how your bracket fitted?
                      Yes I have the #35910 supplied Victor manifold and the Lokar KD-2727HT kickdown cable attached straight into the AR005, it has a provision for that. I'll try to take better pictures of it later. The AR002 is not so tall as AR005 meant for such as Performer RPM.

Comment

Re manifold heights .... this is what I put together:

That should be 300-14 for the Holley.

The Edelbrock #4150 Throttle Body measures 2.53 inches from the base flange to air cleaner flange.

Most 4-barrel carburettors are 3.25" from the base flange to air cleaner flange.

E2E5995B-7B9A-4E7B-95CE-5C6439A79638.jpeg
                        Last edited by Jacbjacb; 12-07-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I got an E-mail from Lokar and he stated they are working on it, but no ETA.
                          Good news ...... I guess the the 727 kickdown must have a required travel (cable of rod, no difference) to function correctly. This travel has to be matched by the throttle lever on the TB. I hope Lokar makes the bracket suitable for the 727 and the Pro Flo 4 (#35910) as fitted to the BB Chrysler 440.
                          Last edited by Nate S; 12-04-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I got an E-mail from Travis Johnson and he stated they are working on it, but no ETA.
                            Derwud I also emailed Travis Johnson of Lokar who said the same to me “The bracket is on the back burner at the moment due to several other products coming down the line. I have no idea when it will be available”.

Comment

Working...
                            X