Pulling vehicle battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling vehicle battery

Just a quick question about the pro flow 4 XT -- I will be doing some A/C work on my truck. While doing this work I will be removing the battery for several days. Will this effect the "learn" that has been done in the computer? Also, will the custom or advanced tuning adjustments be lost? Just want to know if I should go through the settings and write down where everything is before I remove the battery for a week (or longer).

Everything in the ECU is stored in non-volatile memory meaning the data stays saved even if battery power is disconnected. If you check the wiring schematic you'll see that there isn't a permanent power circuit in Pro-Flo 4. In essence, there's no difference between turning the ignition switch off or disconnecting the system from the battery or even unplugging and removing the ECU.

If you're happy with the state of your current settings, it's not a bad idea to save them. You should probably go ahead and update to firmware v65: https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...uction-support See the video in that thread for a step by step guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate S View Post
      Everything in the ECU is stored in non-volatile memory meaning the data stays saved even if battery power is disconnected. If you check the wiring schematic you'll see that there isn't a permanent power circuit in Pro-Flo 4. In essence, there's no difference between turning the ignition switch off or disconnecting the system from the battery or even unplugging and removing the ECU.

If you're happy with the state of your current settings, it's not a bad idea to save them. You should probably go ahead and update to firmware v65: https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...uction-support See the video in that thread for a step by step guide.
      Reviving an old post after a search to find the info I wanted, understand Nate is gone, but anyone can answer that knows

Just to be clear, if I pull my battery to put the truck away for the winter, it "should" save all the tune information when I go to fire it in the spring. However, it is wise to save all the settings and MAP in the tablet as a backup as well

Is my readback correct? , and yes I have the new firmware....Thanks

Comment

I keep my battery disconnected when the vehicle is not in use so yes it will save all learned data while disconnected. I would however since it takes a couple minutes tops, save the learned map and ECU settings as a backup.

Comment

I disconnect mine (unplug it) whenever I do any welding on mine. No problem unplugging in. Aka pulling the battery.. I was welding to seal leaks in my exhaust.. To make sure my O2 was reading correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X