Pro Flo 4 on Ford FE will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo 4 on Ford FE will not start

Ive combed through the topic here, checked that i have spark and fuel pressure (using Edl fuel sump), new: Optima battery, 2 GA cables and starter. Ive captured the diag screen from the app and noted that with the engine not running and key on, my throttle is at 100, and IAC is at 72%. Ive disconnected my battery over night and that did not change anything. Also my O2 sensor is showing red, it appers to be working as i can feel it warming up. On crank the app shows my voltage drops to 11. Have 12v at coil.
    Thanks, David.
    Attached Files

Engine won't start if TPS is reporting 100% because the system has a flood clear function that cuts the injectors if the throttle is held open during cranking. See how your Injection value is 0.00? That means your injector pulse width time is 0 miliseconds which means the injectors won't be firing.

On the diag page, you will get a red light for the O2 sensor is the current AFR reading is >20 which it is because the O2 sensor is just sitting there sensing clean air since the engine isn't running.

With the TPS unplugged, the system should read 0% and the engine should start however you'll only be able to idle. You'll need to troubleshoot the TPS connection to see where the problem might be. As a guess, you could have a 100% reading if there was a 5v signal but no sensor ground. Or the TPS itself could be bad but that's highly unlikely.

For more TPS troubleshooting help, I would suggest calling into Tech Support. Peter can walk you through a few things to check/try. 1-800-416-8628.

Comment

I forgot to mention that the TPS number counts down to zero as the throttle is cranked to wide open. With the TPS disconnected, its 0 now, and i get ignition but will not stay idling. I will contact Peter for next steps, thanks for the quick reply.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like your TPS connector is wired wrong. Here's a pic of correct TPS wiring:

PF4 TPS Pin Out.jpg

Top left is grey, top right is black and bottom is green. I'm guessing your grey and black wires might be swapped. If they are, they can't be swapped back because this connector uses pull to seat terminals so they can't be pulled back out of the connector. If they're swapped, we'll just send you a new harness.

Comment

Thats it...
          Attached Files

Comment

Get in touch with Tech Support and they'll get you taken care of: 1-800-416-8628

Comment

Working...
            X