TPS calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS calibration

I have had my Pro Flo 4 XT for about 1 month. So far, it has been working ok. I have some strange idle hunting when I first start it up some times, but I am still working that out. The bigger concern I have is my Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) appears to be off a bit. When I first start the truck, my TPS will show anywhere from 1 to as high as 7 %. The only way I can get it to be lower is if I fool it by pushing the gas down just ever so little before I turn the key on. Then it will read 0 when I start it up. But as the engine warms up, the TPS value slowly rises. When the TPS is showing 4 or 5 % the IAC starts to open because the computer thinks I am cruising. That makes my idle go up to about 1000RPM (far from my set point of 650RPM).

Anyone have a fix for this? I am beginning to worry about the TPS, maybe it is failing? The unit has only about 300 miles on it.

Are you manual trans or auto? If auto, are you using an auto trans controller?

Comment

Automatic, 700R4. No controller.

Comment

Give our tech line a call: 1-800-416-8628

Comment

quick video of what the TPS is doing.

https://youtu.be/i9RnvYsGOg8

Comment

Thanks for the descriptive video. Give our Tech Support line a call and they'll get you squared away: 1-800-416-8628

Comment

The guys at Tech Support are SUPER!!! We are working togeather to find a fix...

Comment

Were u able to get it fixed I’m having similar issues but no help from tech department I can’t even get a response or callback or email response . Is there a way to calibrate the tps?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrhavok View Post
                  Were u able to get it fixed I’m having similar issues but no help from tech department I can’t even get a response or callback or email response . Is there a way to calibrate the tps?
                  Make sure you are using this email address :

[email protected]

Comment

9/28/2019 is the date on this post before today may need to start a new post

Comment

Does anyone here know if there is a way to calibrate the tps?

Comment

Does anyone here know if there is a way to calibrate the tps?
                        Power cycle ign sw. off for 15 secs, & check if Throttle reading is 0, if not zero then power cycle sw off again for 15 secs, repeat until reading is zero.

Copy & pasted from our Quick Start Guide :

The engine must be running and fully warmed up (coolant temp >165°F) with the TPS value showing 0% before the Idle Target RPM can be changed. If TPS value is not 0%, with your foot off the throttle pedal, turn the ignition switch off and allow the ECU to completely shut down (main relay must click off) and then turn the ignition switch back on. This allows the ECU to perform its TPS autozero procedure. Repeat this process as necessary until TPS shows 0%.

Comment

Working...
                        X