Resetting idle blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting idle blades

How do you reset idle blades to the way the unit came to me ? I can not get a good idle when it is cold. I have to hold the peddle a small amount to get it starting cold, If adjust the blades and open them to get the idle up then can't get the IAC to the 0-15%, when it warms up. I want to reset the blade and start over unless some can help me with some advise? I'm using 5008 Cal, SBC 350, mild cam, 14 out of gear to 11 In gear vacuum. fuel pressure 43 PSI with out vacuum on it, runs good after warmed up. Tried to get out of garage this morning and would not stay running.
    Last edited by smsmith; 08-09-2019, 03:35 AM.

Originally posted by smsmith
    If adjust the blades and open them to get the idle up then can't get the IAC to the 0-15%, when it warms up.
    Not sure what can't get IAC to 0-15% means. If you're not getting 0-15%, then what are you getting? I've got an endless list of questions to ask to better understand your problem and the symptoms but instead of having to type all that out, follow the guide in this thread on how to take a video using the tablet so we can see first hand what's going on: https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/p...-a-data-logger

Comment

Nate Here is a vid on you tube, I found a header collector gasket leak before the O2 sensor this vid is after I fixed it. Do you see anything I need to address? I have to wait for it to cool down to see cold start condition.
      Thank you for your help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmAx...ature=youtu.be
      Last edited by smsmith; 08-10-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Looks great to me. BTW I really like your background screen.
        Last edited by Nate S; 08-12-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I still have a cold start problem I have to give it a little throttle to start cold any suggestions?

Comment

Try turning the idle set screw up more.

Comment

When I turn it up I can't get the IAC in the range it stays at 0% will that make a difference in the idle setup at temp?

Comment

So long as going up with throttle doesn't make your actual idle rpm go up to the point where its above idle target then it's perfectly fine to have 0% IAC.

Comment

Working...
                X