Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor EFI Intake Hood Clearance on a 2nd Gen Charger (68-70)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Story.. Daughter is sitting the car as I check seat placement of my Temporary seats and she is trying all the controls.. She asks, you are going to disown me if I don't learn to drive a stick! Nope, you just won't be able to drive 2 cars.. Hood of other car is behind her.

JNBRrhYFqLJdO2MESzZs_4Yzp24FPX907X4yhiuto-B7rW-V5jBWaqpj1eAe3nFuEF0ZwrOfyK-vwnC_JXaRjn4ECLMoFXPBUz09D9DYkrSe_W9hANSWDC929JuLCSJcTReDaZtLDhwFe2a_2KZUf4kTeqlps3sAt9ckKaR2sxoI5fYLqgX3k57e36ibx2D2HBgjexoMYaXpjHJsYD6ABpl956MT_XbBqh3ibGa8VsnqzqmTWge-O0J4bdY7zjD

Comment

Awesome! Looks like she'll be going in no time!

Comment

20190804_155941.jpg20190804_155929.jpg20190804_155958.jpg

Comment

Oh snap...In the picture it looks like the pad of the Victor EFI is about at the same height as the accelerator pump. Is that close to being accurate? I'm not sure if that would clear, or scrape with a 14"x3"

It still amazes me how short the XT is when compared to full assemblies. Just looking at it you get that tunnel ram impression and assume it would dwarf intake+carb assemblies. It also looks like the Victor EFI has a pretty straight shot down the runners...

Definitely keep us posted if you drop it on the engine!

Comment

Here are few pictures of my setup as promised.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasStroker View Post
              Oh snap...In the picture it looks like the pad of the Victor EFI is about at the same height as the accelerator pump. Is that close to being accurate? I'm not sure if that would clear, or scrape with a 14"x3"

It still amazes me how short the XT is when compared to full assemblies. Just looking at it you get that tunnel ram impression and assume it would dwarf intake+carb assemblies. It also looks like the Victor EFI has a pretty straight shot down the runners...

Definitely keep us posted if you drop it on the engine!
              Remember with the Victor, you will be running a shorter Throttle Body with no need for a heat insulating gasket.

Comment

Thanks for posting skidep...looks great! Are you on DodgeCharger.com? If not, you should definitely check it out! Does the lid rub the hood with the motor running? I'm trying to figure out if the 906/RPM heads and a 14" x 3" would clear, or put me about the same spot.

Derwud, yep I know...looks like it would still be super close with a 14" x 3" element. I'm half tempted to pull the trigger on the Victor EFI, hope it fits, and then just have an XT on hand should I want to swap it out. Manifold swaps will be even easier with just a throttle body!

My plan years ago was to build a solid cam stroker. I've got a virgin 69 block, stroker crank, rods, the Eddy RPM heads, and some other big ticket items that have been sitting since 2009. With all the change in fuel I have debated building something lower compression with a ProCharger. In the first scenario the Victor EFI would be ideal. With the ProCharger route I'd lean towards the XT.

Comment

Does the lid rub the hood with the motor running? I'm trying to figure out if the 906/RPM heads and a 14" x 3" would clear, or put me about the same spot.
                  Yes it does with my 14" x 2" and I think that in spite of that the Victor heads have the raised intake manifold surface the 14" x 3" will be too tight with stock or RPM heads under the stock hood. I also didn't want to make any kind of scoop. I have saved my Charger totally stock looking out and inside, only Street Slicks in rear reveal that something may have changed under the hood.

Comment

That is kind of what I'm afraid of...I wouldn't mind a Six Pack hood, but I would also want to be able to swap back to the stock, flat hood. It is weird, but I prefer the Charger's stock hood over a scoop. Virtually any other Mopar I'd be fine with it, or eager to add a scoop if I didn't already have one. The AAR Fiberglass hoods (company, not the car) that have the scallops with the scoop look the best imo.

I'm kind of leaning back to the XT and hoping I can make something work with the battery relocated. I suppose I could always drill the old Torker II for fuel rails, lol.

Maybe Derwud can test fit his and confirm...more importantly it would be cool to see which intake he thought performed the best. It is still hard to believe that the XT has a shorter profile than the Victor and throttle body!

Comment

The AAR Fiberglass hoods (company, not the car) that have the scallops with the scoop look the best imo.
                      You're right, the AAR Hood looks nice, but I have Charger -70 and it has one year model only hood design (because of longer nose and the loop around front bumper). I haven't found any aftermarket hood for it by any manufacturer and making a hole to the original hood is not an option. By the way, Plymouth Superbird uses the same hood, you know.

Comment

I have seen a few people that had 70 Hoods in glass, but they seemed to not seal well up front. You would think someone would be putting just the flat hood out there for lower end restos and pro-touring etc. Edit: Here is one: https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...post-911322443

As best I can measure (yardstick across the air cleaner stud), I clock in at about 10 1/4" with the 906 Heads + Torker II + 750 Holley + 14" x 3" Filter. I think the Victor EFI would be really tight, or necessitate running a 2" filter to possibly clear.
                        Last edited by TexasStroker; 08-06-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Go to Dennis H's thread on the Pro-Flo install. That Performer RPM setup is his.. I think the Victor F.I. set up is lower then the Perfomer RPM, spacer, carb that he did have on the car..

Superbirds I thought used Coronet hoods? There is a place in Illinois that makes Fiberglass 70 hoods.. I would never cut my hood, hell I might switch to a Fiberglass just to save my hood..
                          No more room in his trunk for a second carb. The beer stays... That is correct. There isn't room for a tool box let alone an extra carb!

Comment

DISCLAIMER: Everything listed is made to order. To SEARCH on this page hold down the CTRL and F key

Comment

I think Dennis is blessed with the bulge hood on the Coronet. I'd like to try it, but would feel like an idiot if it didn't clear. If the Duster had the 440 I'd have plenty of clearance with the Snorkel.
                              f9a2f683-4617-48ee-9a54-4c22e383418d-jpeg.718507.jpg

26293b38-76c5-4915-ab2a-2ac33653566c-jpeg.646345.jpg

Comment

I just need Nate to give me a throttle Body for the Victor and I could try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X