This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Flo 4 CAN Bus Data Stream Info

In February 2019, a Pro-Flo 4 system update was released that included v53 firmware. In v53 firmware, a CAN bus data stream was made active and was configured to stream out 20 engine running parameters that could be received by 3rd party CAN devices for displaying, logging or controlling other systems. The attached document covers all the details of the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 data stream. Use it to configure your receiving CAN device of choice in order to communicate with the Pro-Flo 4 ECU.

Right click the following link and select 'Save Link As' to download a preconfigured DBC file for direct upload to CAN devices where supported: DOWNLOAD DBC

Verified CAN devices that work with Pro-Flo 4:
    AEM CD Dashes
    Dakota Digital RTX, HDX, VHX and VFD3 Dashes
    HGM COMPUSHIFT Transmission Controllers
    Banks iDash Data Monster & Super Gauge

cd-5-straight-5_0.jpg
    dak-vhx88cpukw_xl.jpg

compushift%20pro%20(3)__94807.original.png
    M143795642.jpg

ProFlo 4 CAN Data Stream Protocol v2.pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nate S; 07-02-2019, 11:23 AM.

Thank you, will give it a try at some point.

Comment

Looks like the Dakota Digital is on the shopping list..

Comment

Great info, thanks!

Is there any Standard 2-1/16” (52mm) diameter format CAN devices that work with Pro-Flo 4, like the Banks iDash 1.8 DataMonster Aftermarket CAN ECU Primary Gauge Aftermarket ECUs (CAN bus)?
        Does things other gauges can't! Groundbreaking 2-1/16" super gauge now works with Aftermarket ECUs. Display 2-8 values including over 300 parameters available (varies by ECU or Banks Sensors attached)

Comment

I'm working with Banks now to add Pro-Flo 4 to their list of supported aftermarket ECUs.

Comment

Very nice to hear that, I'm looking forward to see positive news about your collaboration soon.

Comment

This is a good addition for watching live without the tablet, but why can't the app write to a csv file (or some other format) on the tablet that could then be sent to a google drive etc and analysed on a PC?
              You can bring up an advanced screen on the tablet showing all the values, so surely it could write those values to a file.

A have a friend who is having major issues with this ECU misfiring, and as a guy used to playing with non self-learning ECUs, this car is very frustrating to troubleshoot.

Comment

Do you have something you recommend for just Data Logging. Plug in, run, un-plug and download..

Comment

Originally posted by Derwud View Post
                  Do you have something you recommend for just Data Logging. Plug in, run, un-plug and download..
                  Im wondering the same thing too. this company makes some products that might work https://www.csselectronics.com/screen/allproducts It would be great to be able to log channels with 100hz or higher data rate, to see what actually happens during accel events instead of the slow updating screen data on the app.

Comment

Originally posted by Derwud View Post
                    That's what the Bank's gauge will do once it's been fully validated. We've shared our CAN protocol and even a DBC file for direct upload to a CAN device. Someone CAN savvy could have a 3rd party logging device up and running in 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate S View Post

That's what the Bank's gauge will do once it's been fully validated. We've shared our CAN protocol and even a DBC file for direct upload to a CAN device. Someone CAN savvy could have a 3rd party logging device up and running in 10 minutes.
                      CAN savvy, I am barely plug and play savvy... I will check it out. Thanks again Nate..

Comment

Originally posted by Nate S View Post
                        I'm working with Banks now to add Pro-Flo 4 to their list of supported aftermarket ECUs.
                        Hi Nate,

Do you have any news about the collaboration with Banks, when the Pro-Flo 4 will be supported?

Br, Skide

Comment

I'm expecting a final iGauge firmware version to validate from Banks next week so the final release from them should be very soon.

Comment

Okay, I signed off on a final iDash gauge firmware version from Banks. They plan on rolling out this latest version into their new production units by the end of the month however, if someone purchases a gauge now, they'll send them the beta firmware to use with Pro-Flo 4.
                            Last edited by Nate S; 07-02-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Great news, thanks Nate!

I'll order the iDash gauge right away and let you know how it works.
                              Last edited by skidep; 07-02-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X