X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BITE_ME
    replied
    If you're looking for a Daylight Readable Display. Check out Lilliput. They make the displays that go on cameras, that don't have displays...i find used ones on EBay cheap.
    Lilliput link: https://lilliputweb.net/?gclid=EAIaI...CAAEgL3zvD_BwE

Leave a comment:

• TurboGLH
    replied
    I'm going to toss out another option. The really detailed dashes start at $600 and go up from there. Instead of building a display pulling data from the canbus,I'm going to log to an SD card using the canbus data.

For a display I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 and a 5" touchscreen. There are a couple of Android forks that are built for the raspberry pi. I started by getting one installed and working on the table, then moved the hardware and monitor out to the garage to confirm it would see the ECU. Then I got it hooked up and working on the touchscreen. I'm currently designing a cluster insert in Fusion360 and I'll 3d print the insert.

I'm into the whole thing for less than $160, and it runs the Edelbrock android app.

IMG_20210929_171810.jpg
    IMG_20210930_172343.jpg
    IMG_20211006_205424.jpg
    IMG_20211006_205427.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Atarchus
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotchbrite View Post
    Do I understand correctly that I can power the Banks iDash thru the can bus connection? I'm assuming that's the purpose of the 12v+ switched and ground pins on the connector from the ECU.
    Did you ever get an answer? I'm getting ready to install a Banks iDash and was wondering the same thing. Can I just run all 4 wires to the wires on the Pro Flo harness or do I need to run power and ground separately?

*edit*
    I hooked up all 4 wires to the Pro Flo harness with no issues, the gauge powers on/off with the ECU flawlessly.
    Last edited by Atarchus; 06-23-2021, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scotchbrite
    replied
    Do I understand correctly that I can power the Banks iDash thru the can bus connection? I'm assuming that's the purpose of the 12v+ switched and ground pins on the connector from the ECU.

Leave a comment:

• 2700 Cast
    replied
    Google : DTM style CAN Bus

Leave a comment:

• Scotchbrite
    replied
    I see reference a "db9" connector for the can bus, but mine is different. The first picture is what comes up in a search for db9 and the second image is what I have. What connector do I need for the Banks iDash?

81GnvkRIFFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20210322_114239.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tsnre2
    replied
    I planing also to use the CAN from PROFLO4. I will shut of the TCC when the throttle goes to zero to avoid the torque bang from +torque to -torque. I am very interested for a sketch for Aduino and MCP 2515 to reading the CAN Information. Until yet I have not found an example in the www for the PROFLO4.

Leave a comment:

• TurboGLH
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcmdub View Post

TurboGLH,

That's the route I took. Arduino, CanBus Shield, and Touchscreen. My dash worked out WAY better than expected and has all of the data I need. It also logs to an SD card when needed. I will post pics once I finish the mounting in the dash.
    I'd love to see your setup, especially for the data logging. If I PM you my email, maybe you can send me some details and I can get a look at what you're using.

Leave a comment:

• Davedog
    replied
    An issue with my .xml file for RealDash as it contained an obvious error that has now been corrected, however still not tested with the PF4 ECU.

I hope someone gets the chance to test it out soon as the developer wants to integrate the PF4 into RealDash which would make it slightly easier to get set up. I updated the link in my post above.

I've also been going down the arduino-CAN shield path for other non PF4 inputs (twin motor boat), but also looking at other alternatives, dashbox and Y-dash, mostly because of their support already in Realdash, but the OneGuage path looks very promising.

Should be an interesting dash, a center 12.3 or 14 x-wide curved LCD and 3.5 displays left and right with the PF4 stats.

I need to get to work...

Leave a comment:

• Pcmdub
    replied
    Originally posted by TurboGLH View Post

Great job Dave. My car is in storage for the winter, but I'm going to try out realdash, and I'll download the profile you set up. I was going to do something similar using an arduino with a can bus shield and small lcd, but this is far less work.
    TurboGLH,

That's the route I took. Arduino, CanBus Shield, and Touchscreen. My dash worked out WAY better than expected and has all of the data I need. It also logs to an SD card when needed. I will post pics once I finish the mounting in the dash.

Leave a comment:

• TurboGLH
    replied
    Originally posted by Davedog View Post
    OK, I've got a xml file for RealDash built that loads up without any error messages, Here's the link, in the hopes that someone with the ECU can test it out. RealDash takes a bit to get set up, mostly because it has so many options.

https://www.realdash.net/forum/download/file.php?id=327

I won't be getting my PF4 until late February

Great job Dave. My car is in storage for the winter, but I'm going to try out realdash, and I'll download the profile you set up. I was going to do something similar using an arduino with a can bus shield and small lcd, but this is far less work.

Leave a comment:

• Pcmdub
    replied
    Davedog,

That is really nice! I did the same/similar thing to build a "stock appearance" gauge that then displays the PF4 CanBus data with a touchscreen. RealDash is probably too much for this, because I am using the stock gauges in my Ford Truck for the basics. Take a look at this site, theonegauge.com . The owner, Michael, has all the PF4 configurations and knows exactly how to customize any installation you want. He is adding a GPS to my gauge, just so I have more data (time, speed, elevation, etc).

Good luck in Feb!!

Leave a comment:

• Davedog
    replied
    OK, I've got a xml file for RealDash built that loads up without any error messages, Here's the link, in the hopes that someone with the ECU can test it out. RealDash takes a bit to get set up, mostly because it has so many options.

https://www.realdash.net/forum/download/file.php?id=331

I won't be getting my PF4 until late February

Last edited by Davedog; 01-28-2021, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Davedog
    replied
    The data stream uses 11 bit addresses, has a bus speed of 1 Mbit/sec and all channels are
    sent as Big Endian at 200hz

Leave a comment:

• trophyburro
    replied
    Anyone know what speed the canbus uses?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X