Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An issue with my .xml file for RealDash as it contained an obvious error that has now been corrected, however still not tested with the PF4 ECU.

I hope someone gets the chance to test it out soon as the developer wants to integrate the PF4 into RealDash which would make it slightly easier to get set up. I updated the link in my post above.

I've also been going down the arduino-CAN shield path for other non PF4 inputs (twin motor boat), but also looking at other alternatives, dashbox and Y-dash, mostly because of their support already in Realdash, but the OneGuage path looks very promising.

Should be an interesting dash, a center 12.3 or 14 x-wide curved LCD and 3.5 displays left and right with the PF4 stats.

I need to get to work...

Comment

Originally posted by Pcmdub View Post

TurboGLH,

That's the route I took. Arduino, CanBus Shield, and Touchscreen. My dash worked out WAY better than expected and has all of the data I need. It also logs to an SD card when needed. I will post pics once I finish the mounting in the dash.
      I'd love to see your setup, especially for the data logging. If I PM you my email, maybe you can send me some details and I can get a look at what you're using.

Comment

I planing also to use the CAN from PROFLO4. I will shut of the TCC when the throttle goes to zero to avoid the torque bang from +torque to -torque. I am very interested for a sketch for Aduino and MCP 2515 to reading the CAN Information. Until yet I have not found an example in the www for the PROFLO4.

Comment

I see reference a "db9" connector for the can bus, but mine is different. The first picture is what comes up in a search for db9 and the second image is what I have. What connector do I need for the Banks iDash?

81GnvkRIFFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20210322_114239.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

Google : DTM style CAN Bus
            Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
            Just give the Engine what it wants &
            Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Do I understand correctly that I can power the Banks iDash thru the can bus connection? I'm assuming that's the purpose of the 12v+ switched and ground pins on the connector from the ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchbrite View Post
                Do I understand correctly that I can power the Banks iDash thru the can bus connection? I'm assuming that's the purpose of the 12v+ switched and ground pins on the connector from the ECU.
                Did you ever get an answer? I'm getting ready to install a Banks iDash and was wondering the same thing. Can I just run all 4 wires to the wires on the Pro Flo harness or do I need to run power and ground separately?

*edit*
                I hooked up all 4 wires to the Pro Flo harness with no issues, the gauge powers on/off with the ECU flawlessly.
                Last edited by Atarchus; 06-23-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X