X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mb2020 View Post
    I have the 66763
    I have the same. The ProFlo ECU has to be powered on to get all the choices visible when configuring the gauge.

Comment

Something has to be wrong with the banks unit.
      I went through the set up again. After choosing aftermarket ECU, edelbrock its not giving me the choices that it should have with the gauge set up.
      this is what I have.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

That seems odd. When you reach out to them, give them the serial number off the back, maybe there is different ones - not just different connectors.

Comment

Hopefully not too off topic here, but can anyone tell me what the pin locations are for Can+ and Can- are on the main harness connector? I have to change from the 9 pin connector to the correct Can bus 4 pin connector to hook up to my HGM trans controller. Thanks

Comment

Just look the attached "ProFlo 4 CAN Data Stream Protocol v2.pdf" file in the first post in this thread:
            https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedata/fetch?id=29233

Comment

For the Banks 1.8 idash datamonster system, part # 66763, does it give us more information than the PF4 system or is it the exact same parameters and nothing additional?
              I know it will log it as well if you get the datamonster, but are there more metrics logged or just the same as we can see on the E4 app?

Comment

Originally posted by skidep View Post
                Just look the attached "ProFlo 4 CAN Data Stream Protocol v2.pdf" file in the first post in this thread:
                https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedata/fetch?id=29233
                Thanks skidep! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by 2WhiteHorse8 View Post
                  For the Banks 1.8 idash datamonster system, part # 66763, does it give us more information than the PF4 system or is it the exact same parameters and nothing additional?
                  I know it will log it as well if you get the datamonster, but are there more metrics logged or just the same as we can see on the E4 app?
                  http://shop-banks.s3.amazonaws.com/p.../Edelbrock.pdf

Comment

I'm working on connecting the ProFlow4 ECU via Canbus to a dash app called Realdash, but I don't have a ProFlow yet. I downloaded the can bus protocol files for the PF4, and have made an xml file for Realdash but I'm getting hung up on the addressing scheme, shouldn't there be more than just address 0x300-303? I'm missing some understanding in the CAN ID/serial number portion of the file.

Could someone give me their ECU serial number so I can try to figure this out?

or maybe Edelbrock would send me a demo unit so I could get this figures out.

or maybe I'm being lazy and just need to do some more research.

Anyway, I feel it helps the community here to have more CAN product support options

Realdash allows you to make custom dashboards that will run on Android, iOS, and Win10 devices with connectivity to ECUs and other devices via CAN or Bluetooth

http://realdash.net/index.php

Comment

Anyone know what speed the canbus uses?

Comment

The data stream uses 11 bit addresses, has a bus speed of 1 Mbit/sec and all channels are
                        sent as Big Endian at 200hz

Comment

OK, I've got a xml file for RealDash built that loads up without any error messages, Here's the link, in the hopes that someone with the ECU can test it out. RealDash takes a bit to get set up, mostly because it has so many options.

https://www.realdash.net/forum/download/file.php?id=331

I won't be getting my PF4 until late February

Last edited by Davedog; 01-28-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Davedog,

That is really nice! I did the same/similar thing to build a "stock appearance" gauge that then displays the PF4 CanBus data with a touchscreen. RealDash is probably too much for this, because I am using the stock gauges in my Ford Truck for the basics. Take a look at this site, theonegauge.com . The owner, Michael, has all the PF4 configurations and knows exactly how to customize any installation you want. He is adding a GPS to my gauge, just so I have more data (time, speed, elevation, etc).

Good luck in Feb!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davedog View Post
                              OK, I've got a xml file for RealDash built that loads up without any error messages, Here's the link, in the hopes that someone with the ECU can test it out. RealDash takes a bit to get set up, mostly because it has so many options.

https://www.realdash.net/forum/download/file.php?id=327

I won't be getting my PF4 until late February

Great job Dave. My car is in storage for the winter, but I'm going to try out realdash, and I'll download the profile you set up. I was going to do something similar using an arduino with a can bus shield and small lcd, but this is far less work.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboGLH View Post

Great job Dave. My car is in storage for the winter, but I'm going to try out realdash, and I'll download the profile you set up. I was going to do something similar using an arduino with a can bus shield and small lcd, but this is far less work.
                                TurboGLH,

That's the route I took. Arduino, CanBus Shield, and Touchscreen. My dash worked out WAY better than expected and has all of the data I need. It also logs to an SD card when needed. I will post pics once I finish the mounting in the dash.

Comment

Working...
                                X