X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mb2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Monkeysgarage View Post
    I installed the Banks idash1.8. And it is fantastic. Recommend to everyone, easy to install and a quick Amazon search for a solderless db9 and a bit of additional wire and you are done. Mount it how or where you like.
    What is the trick for the i dash to display what it should from the PF4 CAN bus?
    With mine the choices in gauge set up is limited and most don't work, battery voltage works but that's about it.
    I updated firmware and did the set up multiple times.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    No. You have to use the can bus line to receive data from the ECU.

Leave a comment:

• GSCOOP
    replied
    Can a Snap On scanner with Bluetooth recieve data from Pro Flow ECM?

Leave a comment:

• Monkeysgarage
    replied
    Thanks Bite_me

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    You use a Can bus Y adapter.

Leave a comment:

• Monkeysgarage
    replied
    Question: Can the Can have 2 different outputs? be a splitter or something? I have the above idash, and am thinking about the compushift for the 700r4. can this be done?

Leave a comment:

• Monkeysgarage
    replied
    I installed the Banks idash1.8. And it is fantastic. Recommend to everyone, easy to install and a quick Amazon search for a solderless db9 and a bit of additional wire and you are done. Mount it how or where you like.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Ukinne66
    replied
    AIM’s documentation now lists ProFlo 4 as a supported ECU solution for all of their CAN enabled solutions.

Leave a comment:

• irishk
    replied
    Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post
    2 choices :

remounting the external TPS-- for the older gen T.C..

Sourcing a new style T.C. compatible with CAN Bus Communication.
    Thanks for verifying.

Leave a comment:

• 2700 Cast
    replied
    2 choices :

remounting the external TPS-- for the older gen T.C..

Sourcing a new style T.C. compatible with CAN Bus Communication.

Leave a comment:

• irishk
    replied
    Thanks Mopar, I did see the BIM which is definitely cool, but no mention of TPS in the parameters it reports unfortunately.
    • Tachometer
    • Water Temperature
    • Intake Air Temperature
    • Fuel Pressure
    • A/F Ratio
    • MAP
    • Boost (when applicable)

Leave a comment:

• Mopar70gtx
    replied
    I have the dakota digital vdx in my 70gtx with a bim box for edelbrock works great. Had to update the firmware thou.

Leave a comment:

• irishk
    replied
    Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
    That's so backwards what you just posted.

So I will answer your last post. Because your first one I already did.

There is no "adapter", or "magical box" that you can add to the Pro-Flo 4 can bus to gain access too, and retransmitting it to a device that requires a TPS signal.
    The TPS signal will stay in the formated "proprietary" language it is sent as.

Or. In other words: You bought the wrong transmission controller.
    Sorry you got huffed at my asking a question - Or. In other words: if you had answered it with actual information about the CAN bus being proprietary and can't be adapted to a voltage driven TPS, I wouldn't have asked again and would have just said 'thanks.'

I didn't buy the wrong controller, I have had it for years. Long before Pro-Flo 4 was around. Rather than fumbling with remounting the external TPS again or buying a new transmission controller I thought I would ask the experts.

Leave a comment:

• BITE_ME
    replied
    That's so backwards what you just posted.

So I will answer your last post. Because your first one I already did.

There is no "adapter", or "magical box" that you can add to the Pro-Flo 4 can bus to gain access too, and retransmitting it to a device that requires a TPS signal.
    The TPS signal will stay in the formated "proprietary" language it is sent as.

Or. In other words: You bought the wrong transmission controller.

Leave a comment:

• irishk
    replied
    Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
    None supported devices use a "remote mounted TPS".
    I know I can use a remote mounted TPS, just wondering if the CAN BUS TPS could be adapted for the 0-5V TPS that the great majority of trans controllers use? 2700 Cast or any moderators have any additional thoughts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X