Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been informed that Pro Flo 4 will work with AiM Sports Displays that support CAN inputs. I am hoping to get hands on with one in the near future.

Comment

I installed my Dakota Digital dash with the Edelbrock DIM module.. Only doing coolant temp, but looks like a new Can-Bus plug was added.

Comment

Can the Racepak IQ3s be configured to work with the Proflo 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Megalomaniac View Post
          Can the Racepak IQ3s be configured to work with the Proflo 4?
          Edelbrock has not tested that particular " Holley " branded unit.

Comment

Didn't know they made it, guess I'll look at other options

Comment

I see CAN bus is compatible with Compushift controller, but I have an old school PCS TCM02000 controller with your typical 0-5V TPS input. Has has anyone pulled TPS off the CAN bus?

From the PCS manual "A typical closed throttle voltage value is .45v. A typical wide open throttle (WOT) value is 4.5v"

Thanks!

Comment

None supported devices use a "remote mounted TPS".
                At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
                  None supported devices use a "remote mounted TPS".
                  I know I can use a remote mounted TPS, just wondering if the CAN BUS TPS could be adapted for the 0-5V TPS that the great majority of trans controllers use? 2700 Cast or any moderators have any additional thoughts?

Comment

That's so backwards what you just posted.

So I will answer your last post. Because your first one I already did.

There is no "adapter", or "magical box" that you can add to the Pro-Flo 4 can bus to gain access too, and retransmitting it to a device that requires a TPS signal.
                    The TPS signal will stay in the formated "proprietary" language it is sent as.

Or. In other words: You bought the wrong transmission controller.
                    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
                      That's so backwards what you just posted.

So I will answer your last post. Because your first one I already did.

There is no "adapter", or "magical box" that you can add to the Pro-Flo 4 can bus to gain access too, and retransmitting it to a device that requires a TPS signal.
                      The TPS signal will stay in the formated "proprietary" language it is sent as.

Or. In other words: You bought the wrong transmission controller.
                      Sorry you got huffed at my asking a question - Or. In other words: if you had answered it with actual information about the CAN bus being proprietary and can't be adapted to a voltage driven TPS, I wouldn't have asked again and would have just said 'thanks.'

I didn't buy the wrong controller, I have had it for years. Long before Pro-Flo 4 was around. Rather than fumbling with remounting the external TPS again or buying a new transmission controller I thought I would ask the experts.

Comment

I have the dakota digital vdx in my 70gtx with a bim box for edelbrock works great. Had to update the firmware thou.

Comment

Thanks Mopar, I did see the BIM which is definitely cool, but no mention of TPS in the parameters it reports unfortunately.
                          • Tachometer
                          • Water Temperature
                          • Intake Air Temperature
                          • Fuel Pressure
                          • A/F Ratio
                          • MAP
                          • Boost (when applicable)

Comment

2 choices :

remounting the external TPS-- for the older gen T.C..

Sourcing a new style T.C. compatible with CAN Bus Communication.

Comment

Originally posted by 2700 Cast View Post
                              2 choices :

remounting the external TPS-- for the older gen T.C..

Sourcing a new style T.C. compatible with CAN Bus Communication.
                              Thanks for verifying.

Comment

AIM’s documentation now lists ProFlo 4 as a supported ECU solution for all of their CAN enabled solutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X