Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro-Flo 4 on an Oldsmobile 455....can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing this my wife has a '96 Impala SS and I was thinking about eliminating the OptiSpark with this

Comment

Optispark uses regular 85 or 100C rated sensors. There are some 125C military grade ones that could be used. Current cost is around $35,000.00 to start a production run for the sensors. You can Google OPL800TXV for the part.

Note: Most of the hoses under the hoods of cars are rated to about 116C.
      At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Think I've decided to scrap the whole Edelbrock thing and just go Holly Terminator does exactly the same thing plus already has the transmission controller for the 4L80E that I need that way I'm not trying to custom build something that doesn't have a warranty and they already make the distributor for Oldsmobile. It's more money but if you need a transmission controller it's going to cost you the same amount by the time you buy it with the Edelbrock

Comment

Good luck with the Holley system.

Comment

not trying to say anything bad about the Edelbrock kit I've seen it work in person it works great.

Comment

This is a "picture" of the older kits, HEI conversion kit for a Chevy....Ford and Oldsmobile would need a shuttle wheel, with the blades in the other direction. Also Pro-Flo 4 uses +/- 5 Volts. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3576

Comment

Working...
              X