Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro-Flo 4 on an Oldsmobile 455....can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Flo 4 on an Oldsmobile 455....can it be done?

I don’t think you have a kit for a big block Oldsmobile yet. Maybe it’s coming soon??

So I’m thinking perhaps purchase a SBC kit ( since it has the same firing order as the Olds 455). Then, have an injector bungs installed in my existing Edelbrock intake along with custom fuel rails.

Now.....what distributor will work with the Pro-Flo 4, that fits a big block Oldsmobile?

Other than a fuel system.....anything else I need? Will it work.....is there a better way?

Thanks!

The distributor uses a special shuttle wheel ( Google ford TFI distributor ), and Edelbrock has never made a distributor for the Oldsmobile.

But I do believe they are making a Pro-Flo 4 kit for the Oldsmobile. I don't know when it will become available.

At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Sorry but Olds support isn't on our radar. You could piece together a system but the biggest hurdle would be figuring out the distributor. One option might be figuring out how to adapt either the LS 24x or 58x crank/cam pickups. If you could do that then we could set you up with a cal with the right firing order.

Comment

Thanks guys very much for your quick response!

My my plan is to install Prp-Flo 4 on our 67 Camaro also....so perhaps I’ll do that first while I work out the distributor solution for the 442.

Nate....thanks very much for the custom cal offer...that is above and beyond customer support!!

I’m off to study crank trigger and Ford TFI distributors (we have a 90 Mustang 5.0....so that’s easy to look at)
        Last edited by High 11s; 03-22-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Just some info on the old kits: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edelb...s-,109723.html

Comment

bite_me .

that kit is discontinued / for sbc / pro flo 2 system .

this info via that page and the info on it .
            73-87 gm trucks is my thing . i have a few of them .

Comment

I know it's discontinued. I posted so he could see what parts are used.

GM parts interchange with other GM parts. So you could use those parts on a Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile distributor.

Comment

Almost forgot. I believe you need the shutter wheel from a Ford, for the Oldsmobile.....they rotate in the same direction. You used to be able to buy the Ford shuttle wheel from Standard Parts. But I bought, and used all the ones they had. Sorry.

Comment

I was also wondering if a crank trigger can be used with the Pro-Flo? BTR PERFORMANCE who specialize in Oldsmobile sell a crank trigger setup.
                  Will the pro-flo recognize this?
                  http://btrperformance.com/products.html

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Looks like general run of the mill 4 flying magnet setup - unfortunately not currently supported by Pro-Flo 4.

Comment

Thanks very much Nate....I’ll keep looking !

Comment

You could ask thes people if they can do a Oldsmobile: https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...x-product-line

Comment

I just looked at my 350 Olds motor. I think it's better to do a distributor with the shuttle wheel.
                            I have a Mallory dual point unit ( stock distributor with Pertrox is in the motor right know ) that I'll pull out, and play with next month.........I'll do the conversion on the Stock distributor, as it will be the easiest for most people to get.

Comment

Thanks BITE-ME....interesting link you sent as well on eficonnection .....might be an option as well....Nate suggested that if I could get an LS 24x or 58x reluctor wheel to work Edelbrock could do a custom tune as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X