Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any pro flo 4 plans for gm 8.1L big block ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any pro flo 4 plans for gm 8.1L big block ?

i see lots of guys running 8.1L stuff in the 4x4 world and some street machines .

any plans for a setup for the gm 8.1L bbc engines ?
    73-87 gm trucks is my thing . i have a few of them .

We could probably technically run one now since I believe the 8100 engines use LS 24x timing pattern. We'd be willing to send out a Pro-f;lo 4 LS ECU and harness kit if someone had a 8100 they wanted to try it on. There wouldn't be an out-of-the-box base cal to run but I could whip one up.

Comment

I will be swapping an 8.1 into a crew cab k30 in the up coming months and am also interested in running the pro flo 4

Comment

Hey Nate S,

I'm swapping an 8.1L into my 1971 Chevelle. I'd like to ditch the factory intake and run a 4150 type carb intake for hood clearance. My car has a factory cowl induction hood so I have tons of clearance directly overtop of the engine where the throttle body and air cleaner would be mounted, but I don't have enough clearance for the stock intake and induction piping towards the front. That said, I'd like to keep the stock 8.1L distributorless ignition system and I see that Dakota Digital now has a CAN interface module so the ECU can send engine parameters directly to my HDX gauges so the FP-4 is very appealing. I've found a company in Australia who is able to machine the injector bosses and fabricate fuel rails for the Dart 4150 intake that is available for this engine. That said, I'd need to provide them with a set of injectors to install before I can get them started on the project.

Is a guy able to order a custom PF-4 kit that would include only the components I needed for my swap?

I assume I'd only need the following:

- ECU
        - LS type wiring harness
        - MAT sensor
        - Fuel pressure sensor and adapter
        - 4150 Throttle body with MAP, IAC and TPS
        - Injectors (35 lb sufficient for a bone stock 8.1L?)
        - WBO2S

Let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by RussellZ View Post
          Hey Nate S,

I'm swapping an 8.1L into my 1971 Chevelle. I'd like to ditch the factory intake and run a 4150 type carb intake for hood clearance. My car has a factory cowl induction hood so I have tons of clearance directly overtop of the engine where the throttle body and air cleaner would be mounted, but I don't have enough clearance for the stock intake and induction piping towards the front. That said, I'd like to keep the stock 8.1L distributorless ignition system and I see that Dakota Digital now has a CAN interface module so the ECU can send engine parameters directly to my HDX gauges so the FP-4 is very appealing. I've found a company in Australia who is able to machine the injector bosses and fabricate fuel rails for the Dart 4150 intake that is available for this engine. That said, I'd need to provide them with a set of injectors to install before I can get them started on the project.

Is a guy able to order a custom PF-4 kit that would include only the components I needed for my swap?

- ECU
          - LS type wiring harness
          - MAT sensor
          - WBO2S

Let me know!
          Nate is no longer with edelbrock but im sure a mod will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by RussellZ View Post
            Hey Nate S,

- ECU
            - LS type wiring harness
            - MAT sensor
            - WBO2S

Let me know!
            check the kit # 35711 (24x) & 35712 (58x)

See if that is what you want?

Comment

Working...
            X