Pro Flo 4 XT clearance - Mopar 440 with a/c

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo 4 XT clearance - Mopar 440 with a/c

Is anyone running one on a 440 RB? If so I'm wondering if it would fit with a Sanden type compressor bolted in the stock location. I can rotate it so the lines move up and hopefully our of the way but that's about it. Anything else would be surgery and I'd get the stock carb looking setup if that would be the case. I hope I can make the XT fit though, and get a cold air intake tube fitted. Thoughts?

I would rotate the pump 360. Weld new 45 degree fittings on the end plate, to clear the valve cover.

If you need new hoses. I've been using Oetiker clamps with good results.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

That’s a Sanden on the 440. Classic Auto Air. Pro Flo intalled.

Comment

I'm sure I can fit that model with little modification, but I'd really love to get the XT in place. I'm not sure if I should risk it.

Comment

I'm using the XT for my 68 Charger. I went with an SD Concepts serpentine kit with relocated compressor. Not cheap, but looks good and lots of room up top.

Comment

tmaleck I would love to see pictures of your setup.

So beyond looks, is there any real driveability difference between the XT and non-XT on a stock-ish 440?

Comment

What you may notice between a 4150 setup vs XT with 90mm single blade throttle body is that the 4150 is very progressive and linear and the XT is a little more aggressive. Consider that the 4150 throttle body has four smaller throttle blades that open progressively in succession with the secondary blades not opening until the primaries are already about 2/3 open. At this throttle position, you're getting less than half the total throttle body air flow amount. At the same position with the 90mm XT throttle, you're probably already nearly at max air flow. So in a round about way, you could say that the 4150 is more geared towards linear driveability and the XT is more performance orientated. On a stock engine, I'd probably lean more towards a 4150 configuration.

Comment

Nate thank you for that explanation! I really should go with the 4150 setup then because although I don't mind some spirited driving here and there, the car will be used mainly for cruising.

Comment

Working...
                X