Any problems with the new Pro Flo 4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennis H View Post
    Tech says no temp sensor in Edelbrock kit. Had to order one from Summit.
    A coolant temp sensor is most definitely included in the kit and I'm sure our techs are aware of that so I think that part may have been a misunderstanding. Sorry that you didn't get your sensor. We're going to look into the production process to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Comment

Awaiting fuel lines, working out routing. Hope to have car Friday.

Comment

Did you get your Coolant temp sensor?

Comment

Yes, got it.

Comment

Custom tank filler neck needs modification. Misaligned.

Comment

I always loved my cars that have a license plate fill location....GTO, Omega, Tempest, Centurion.
              I aways have to look at my other cars, to remember what side of the pump, to pull up to.
              At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

I see that Edelbrock now gives the same warranty as their crate motors, on the Pro-Flo4. 2 years.
                At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Comment

Nice install.
                    Fuel lines look nice & sano.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Comment

Couple of quick questions. I see a CDI box - will you be using it? What coil are you using? What fuel pump? Thanks.

Comment

In-Tank pump. Ricks Tanks.

Comment

Need to source a Lokar cable. Intake too high to use or modify existing throttle cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis H View Post
                            In-Tank pump. Ricks Tanks.
                            Have you checked that the in-tank pump is within the current spec of what the Pro Flo 4 system requires? As the kit comes out of the box, it's setup so that the ECU powers the pump directly and is limited to 10 amps of current. We've had an instance or two where end users unknowingly try to run too big of a pump and damaged their ECU. If the pump is spec'd to draw more than 10 amps of current in normal operation, a relay must be added in.

Also, the way the wiring is arranged, the 12v to the pump is supplied by the main relay so the pump power is on whenever the ECU is on. The ECU turns the pump on and off by controlling a ground output to the pumps negative terminal. Many/most in-tank pumps are usually setup so the fuel pump is permanently grounded and is then turned on a by switched 12v power. If this is how your pump is setup, you'll probably need to add in a relay to deliver a switched 12v instead of a switched ground.

One note about your ECU mounting - it'd be better if the back side of the ECU connector opening was pointed down instead of up. Even though the wires going into the connector are sealed as well as the connector itself into the ECU, if the connector opening is pointed down, water won't collect in it.

BTW you didn't answer my question about the ignition setup.

Comment

Thank you Nate.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X