Fuel pump relay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump relay?

Hi Guys, Do i need a fuel pump relay on the Pro Flo 3? Im using a Bosch 044, I can see you need one for the Pro Flo 4 but not sure on the 3.

Thanks for the help
    Miles

Yes important to run a relay. Same pump I use.

Comment

Inexpensive protection for the ECU.

Check ----QFT 30-199 as an example.

Comment

I'm glad I caught this post, ..... big fan of relays, using them for headlights and fans, just didn't see the call out for a fuel pump relay in the Pro flow 3 install manual, though it makes sense. Just ordered the QFT 30-199.

Comment

So I agree relays are good, just received the QFT 30-199 fuel pump relay kit which I will use in my Proflow 3 install in progress. What I would like to hear though from an Edelbrock tech on this site is to say "yes you must use a relay even though it's not mentioned in the install instructions". Related question is the 2 wires in the fuel pump lead are black and orange, does the orange go to the trigger pin on the relay, and the black to the ground pin on the relay? Just trying to get this right the first time around.

Comment

The entire system is protected by a single 30 amp fuse. The system powers the coil, injectors and fuel pump so all those things added up need to be running at less than 30 amps. We've seen bigger fuel pumps pop the fuse regularly and 044 pumps definitely qualify as a bigger pump. Use the relay.

Comment

Am using the relay, that brings me to my question regarding the fuel pump leads, did I have it correct in my previous post?
              Thank you for the info.

Comment

Looking at the QFT 30 199 diagram, yes - connect black to grey and orange to yellow.

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X