Manifold and throttle body height

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifold and throttle body height

I am interested in converting to the Pro Flow 3 Multiport kit for a BBC 496 installed in a 66 Corvette. Current manifold is Edelbrock Air Gap with a Holley carb. Therefore I'd like to check for enough room under the hood. Please post the height of the trottle body and of your single plane intake manifold to me.

Alternativley, could I use the dual plane manifold together with an EFI carb replacement system? Can you recommend using this setup?

Thanks, Tobias

This is how you measure: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...mensions.shtml
    Pro-Flo 3 has 2 different sizes for BBC. Oval port, and rectangle port. Which one are you using?

Throttle body height is around 3".

The fuel rails might interfere with drop base air cleaners. So some people will use the E-Street 2 instead.

It's kind of pointless to "try" to figure if any thing fits under the hood of a Corvette. It's a "low hooded sports car".
    You just install what ever system you like, add a air cleaner. If it doesn't fit under the stock hood. Then you buy one of the "many" available hoods that fits your combination of parts.
    Posting Green

All my posts are made from 80% post consumer waste recycled pixels :-)

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      So the throttle body is 0.25" lower than a Holley 4150 style carb, which gives me some clearance.
      I am looking at part number 3231 for oval port heads. Currently I have an air gap (#7561) installed, which measures 4.45-6" with a pad height of 5.22 and I have enough room to the hood.
      Please post the height numbers of the manifold, which comes with set #3231. And for the air cleaner I might have to work on a custom version.

Thanks a lot,
      Tobias

Comment

The intake looks like it was updated. Call 800-416-8628 to get the new dimensions.
        I believe it's the same height as the Air-Gap.
        Posting Green

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately the tech line does not work currently for EFI support.

Comment

They might be up in Reno for Hot August nights.
            Posting Green

Comment

Working...
            X