• General Information on 35080 Kit

Application: Small Block Chrysler Performer
    Horsepower Range: Up to 550
    Throttle Body Size: 4V 1000 cfm
    Injector Size: 35 lb/hr

For more information, please go to:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...chrysler.shtml

440ci to 500ci

Question is can the 35080 Pro Flo efi system handle a stroked 440 ?? The motor I am building is a copy of a friends motor that is carburated and makes 605hp . I want efi on mine and this system is so close to the hp I will be running. But I am afraid that it might be lean on the top end ? Can this sytem use larger injectors than the 35lb injectors it comes with ? Are there any computer issues with larger injectors?
    thanks for any help that anyone can get me,

GREENY

Comment

If you buy the 35080, remove the injectors before you install the system and you can send them in with a check for $75.00 and we will exchange them for the 44 lb/hr injectors.

There is no problem using a larger injector other than they have to be high impedance. This means that the resistance across the injector is higher than 10 Ohms. If you use an injector other that the ones we offer you will need to contact the Tech dept., we can help you out with the correct battery offset for the injectors you use.

Comment

General Information on 35080 Kit

I am looking at using the 35080 Kit with my 440 in a '72 Barracuda, the current setup is a basically stock bottom end. I am running a Mopar purple shaft cam (292/509 - 292° Hydraulic: P4120237, link for full specs; http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/mpcam-tech-c.htm#b
        Torker intake - with a Holley dual feed, Mopar 906 heads (milled to increase compression) A set of 2" TTI headers into a 3" TTI exhaust system, backed by a 727 TQ auto trans.
        I have a couple questions:

Will the system work with my current cam?
        (I have heard there are issues with the amount of lobe seperation?)

Does the system support dual O2 sensors?

Can I use the system when I upgrade to a 500 ci stroker (making about 500 - 550 hp)?
        I understand the system should support the fuel requirements, but I am also planning on running more lift which creates concerns about the Edelbrock system capabilities with the cam I decide to run.

Thanks

Comment

upgrade options

I've started the restore of my 70 Cuda Convertable. I've got the 440 out of the car and have found some issues with the top end of the motor. I've already bought the Pro Flo 2 multi point system (not installed yet). My question is what can Edelbrock recommend for a head replacement? Will the performer or Xtreme heads match up with the Pro Flo? I'm open to rocker/cam/lifter recommendations as well.

Comment

Brian H, How much vacuum does your engine currently make at an idle? Edelbrock would like to see at least 10" of vacuum at an idle to use Map-N mode and get all the benefits of the EFI system. If you’re not making at least 10" of vacuum then you will need to use the Alpha-N mode. Alpha-N uses throttle position vs. RPM to calculate engine load and doesn't require any minimum vacuum level. Alpha-N mode however, won't work with idle control and will require you to tune with a PC.

The Pro Flo 2 and XT systems only need input from one O2 sensor. You may use more than one O2 sensor on the car but, only one will be connected to the ECU for monitoring engine output.

Camshaft lift isn't a determining factor on how well the system will work on any particular engine.

Comment

Cudasw, What are your horsepower goals and intended use for the vehicle in question?

Comment

J

Thanks for the quick response.

I plan to drive this car on the street! Not everyday, but probably a few times a week. So it needs to be steetable. I'd like to get 500->550+ HP out of the motor but still retain reasonable idle characteristics. A nice loap is OK. It's an automatic, but I'm planning on converting to a Keisler 5-speed manual and a Magnum Force coil-over front suspension. I'd like it to run low 13's.

Comment

Cudasw, Your Pro Flo 2 kit would work great with our RPM heads. Edelbrock has tested the Pro Flo 2 system along with our 60929 RPM heads and 7194 flat tappet cam kit. This package makes 482HP and 514ft. lbs. of torque. You could also use our 2206 roller cam and make close to 500HP and 530ft. lbs. The RPM XT head is not currently available. With either cam mentioned above the engine will produce about 10-12 inches of vacuum, have an aggressive idle lope, and make great power from 2500-6500RPM. You will need to have about 9.5-10.5 to 1 compression and adjustable rocker arms.

Comment

Originally posted by J Robbins View Post
                    Brian H, How much vacuum does your engine currently make at an idle? Edelbrock would like to see at least 10" of vacuum at an idle to use Map-N mode and get all the benefits of the EFI system. If you’re not making at least 10" of vacuum then you will need to use the Alpha-N mode. Alpha-N uses throttle position vs. RPM to calculate engine load and doesn't require any minimum vacuum level. Alpha-N mode however, won't work with idle control and will require you to tune with a PC.

The Pro Flo 2 and XT systems only need input from one O2 sensor. You may use more than one O2 sensor on the car but, only one will be connected to the ECU for monitoring engine output.

Camshaft lift isn't a determining factor on how well the system will work on any particular engine.
                    OK - J Robbins - I am not sure of the amount of vacuum I have at idle. I am installing the Pro Flo 2 system and I am struggling to get it to work. Please help me understand how to get to the Alpha-N Mode if that is necessary. The system should fire using the settings initially installed - correct ?

Comment

Brian H. please check your Private Messages.

Comment

Hi guys,
                        I have purchased a 2nd hand system for my 440.
                        It had done little work but a few bits were missing from being taken off and stored.
                        I have sourced those bit and it is on and running but not real well.
                        I was going to reset the program to standard.
                        Then i hit a snag,no software disc.

My question is where can i source the software CD?
                        Im in Australia so online would be good.

My controllers

Thank you

Comment

all of the software is here
                          http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/.../support.shtml
                          installation manual, USB drivers, biteditor etc

Comment

Thank you,i had looked in there but didnt know what was what.
                            I will see if i can get it working.

Comment

Working...
                            X