Clear All

• General Information on 35000 Kit

Application: Small Block Chevy Performer RPM
    Horsepower Range: Up to 435
    Throttle Body Size: 4V 1000 cfm
    Injector Size: 29 lb/hr

For more information, please go to:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...pf_chevy.shtml
    Last edited by S. Armish; 08-08-2008, 10:38 AM.

I am fitting one of these kits, it is easy to identify which injector is which from the wiring colours. BUT it is not clear which cyl each injector goes to if it is as per wiring layout supplied inj s 1-8 wont fit cyl's 1-8 without seperating wiring loom can someone please verify the following

INJ 1 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 2 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 3 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 4 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 5 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 6 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 7 GOES TO CYL ?
    INJ 8 GOES TO CYL ?

I would guess inj's are fired more to do with firing order than cyl order?

Comment

The injector outputs from the ECU fire in numerical order, Inj1-Inj2-Inj3, etc. The correct firing order is established through the harness. If you lay the harness out on the engine with the MAP sensor and TPS sensor connectors on the passenger side, then start plugging in the injectors as they fall front to back, you will be fine.

Comment

I would like to put 35000 on my 350 I have a stock bottom end with the Preformer Heads & Cam but I used your Edelbrock Q-Jet 795CFM carb. The car runs 14.1's in the 1/4 and I'm told if I had used a 650CFM i would be able to run 13.s. I'd really like to go EFI, I also hope to stroke this motor to 383 next year. Is this going to be to much for what I have now?

Comment

No it will work fine.

Comment

Pro flow for rock crawler?

I have a 355 CI SBC, Trick Flow heads, roller rockers, 700R4 full manual valve body, 4:1 transfer case, 5:38 gears, and 39" tires. In preparation for the Edelbrock injection, I bought the recommended Edelbrock FI cam, lifters, timing chain, gaskets, etc, and the non-Edelbrock electronic distributor that was specifically recommended by part number. These parts were purchased a few years ago, but never installed.
            Now there's a new Pro Flow2, and I'd like to know if they will all work together, or if I need a new cam, or anything else, to make the Pro-Flow2 work, that was not needed to make the original Pro-Flow work.

The goal is to get my rock crawler to work even better, better fuel mileage, run on its side or upside down, etc. I don't want to lose power over my current Erson RV10 grind cam, Edelbrock Performer manifold, and Holley Truck Avenger carb. I've already got a full bypass fuel system, but set at carb pressures (5 PSI or so).

Comment

Everything you have will still work with the Pro Flo 2 system.

SA

Comment

Cam for Pro-Flo 2

I have a slightly smaller cam than what is recommended for the 35000 pro-flo 2 kit but am considering a pro-flo 2 myself after researching for a friend doing a build up. My cam is a 280/290 (214/224) duration with .443"/.465" lift on a 112 LC. I know I would need to install #3512 calibration from reading the manual.

My questions are
                1. how well would this cam/kit combo work together?
                2. engine currently has an RPM air-gap and 600 cfm carb, how will the car run/behave with the 35000 kit?
                3. most driving is in the idle to 5500 rpm range, is this kit too much big for the street with the existing cam?

Comment

pro flo 2 ecu

If i purchase the proflo 2 upgrade kit can i get the wiring harness for the rest i have the inakte, throttle body, injectors and a ricks ss fule tank and pump

Comment

pro flow2

I have a 76 chevy with a 454 bigblock with a 570 lift cam in it can i use the pro flow2 #35500 system with that big of a cam?

Comment

Originally posted by 454bigblockgearhead View Post
                      I have a 76 chevy with a 454 bigblock with a 570 lift cam in it can i use the pro flow2 #35500 system with that big of a cam?

You can actually run this system with any cam. Cams with a large amount of overlap pull less idle vacuum and are harder to tune. Your lift number doesn't have anything to do with overlap. Need to know intake duration at 0.050" lift and the lobe separation angle to have an idea how much vacuum it will pull. ...or if this engine is already running and it pulls more than 10" or so of vacuum at 900-1000 RPM, you will be fine.

SA

Comment

bigger injectors

I was thinking of using this on my new motor. Can I put in bigger injectors and still tune? The motor is a 421 sbc 235cc heads, cam is 620 lift and 250 dur @50 112 lobe sep. Also can I blow thru this with turbos?

Comment

I've installed a 35000 kit on a small block chev. I'am having trouble finding brackets to hold the throttle and tv cables. Transmission is a 700r4. Your help would be much appreciated

Comment

proflo 2 ecu?

I have a 95 GMC with the 350 TBI and a 4L60E(for the moment). My rig will be primarily off road, and the area that it is registered in does not require emissions testing. My question is can I use this kit on my stock engine before I make the cam upgrades or any other upgrades for that matter? also the 4L60E is Electronic controlled with a seperate TCM. will the proflo 2 ecu allow for this since the older models that the kit was built towards is vaccum controlled with no tcm? any help would be great thanks

Comment

I thought I could use the stock pcm to control my 4L80E and the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 2 for the engine but I did not realize that the tranny also needs a rpm signal to make the lockup work.
                              I kept a temperature sensor conected to the pcm and wired the signal wire of the stock tps to the Edelbrock signal wire at the tps, that works great to keep the tranny shift trough all gears including overdrive, and for now until I find a way to send an rpm signal to the pcm i am using a manual switch for the lockup and wired it from the aldl conector at F and A
                              It should work the same for your 4L60E
                              496 in a 454SS truck, Pro-flo 2 and "remote 80MM turbo"

Comment

Working...
                              X