Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure

How long should the fuel rail remain pressurized after the pump turns off
    i lose pressure almost immediately, i dont see any check valves unless it is internal to the pump

A check valve would be in the pump. You can add one. But it will still drop the pressure.

The trick to installing a electric fuel pump. Is, install it so gravity keeps it primed. That way the motor will start quickly.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

pump is located on bracket level with bottom of tank
      i never allow tank under 1/4 full
      i am suspecting several faulty injectors but unable to test flow as rail does not maintain pressure

Comment

You can get cheap testing kits on EBay.
        Or do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUUgR94drxg

Comment

do you actually know if the rail should remain pressurized for a period of time
          or should i be looking for another fault , ...regulator, pump

Comment

They loose pressure, but should gain it back when the pump turns on.
            It also depends on the pump being used. Use a factory ( GM type ) with associated regulator to be like a factory system. http://performancefuelsystems.com/te...kdowntest.html

Comment

thanks for that article
              it mentions 2psi in 5 seconds as a rapid drop
              i estimate i have 30psi drop in 2 seconds

Comment

I do a lot of hidden fuel pump shut-off switches on GM trucks. Today I actually timed what happens.

2007 GMC 3500 6.0L LS:

With truck running at idle speed. Motor will run for about 3 seconds, when fuel pump kill switch is toggled.

Deactivate fuel pump kill switch. Turn ignition On ( does factory fuel prime ) for about 3 seconds, then crank motor. Starts right up.

Comment

after more research it appears the pump supplied with proflo 2 does not have a check valve
                  i will be adding one after pump and filter before rear chasis rail

Comment

Working...
                  X