Upgrade thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade thoughts

In a previous post it looked like I fixed my fuel/spark issue but that seems to have been only temporary as I'm experiencing the same issues again. So, I;m considering a whole new distributor (Edeldrock 3614 ~$330). I then went down the unfortunate path of thinking about upgrading to newer proflo systems given the cost I'll sink into the distributor. I'm not sure on the cost analysis yet but would like to here from those that know about legacy and newer systems. Would I need a new intake? What major items would need to change? Is it worth it? Thank you for responses.

Call Edelbrock Tech Support: 1-800-416-8628

Comment

I will certainly do that at some point. Can someone help me pick out the correct Proflo4 system so I can take a look at what comes with it? I currently have proflo2 running map35500 which is for block chevy. It's for a Chevelle with 454 with under 600hp if that helps with injector selection.

Comment

Oval port or rectangle port?

35lb/hr injectors are good for 550Hp.

How close are you to 550 or 600HP?

Comment

Not sure on the port geometry. I guess I would have to remove the intake to check when I'm ready. I don't think I'm close to either. I guess I can check which injectors on currently on there. If the price difference is reasonable maybe would be a good idea to go with an injector that can support more HP. Looks like I need more info...

Comment

Regardless of the exact unit I'm wanting to know about how would current fuel setup would work with a PF4 system.. I have an external edelbrock electronic fuel pump that goes to the fuel rails. Outlet side of the fuel rail is connected to a pressure regulator with an output to a fuel line return to the tank. I don't this same type of egulator on the PF4 so wondering if I can just the one II already have.

Comment

Cant just use the old style regulator from PF2.
              What you would use on PF4 is PN # 17400 Or # 17401 for a rail mounted regulator.

Comment

Sounds like I can just use what I have which is great.

Comment

Ok, so I found out the correct port geometry without removing my existing intake and ordered a PF4 kit. Thanks for all the help.
                  Last edited by ecn113; 12-02-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X