New Truck with Pro Flo 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Truck with Pro Flo 2

Sorry for the vague post but I just bought a 1990 Jeep Wagoneer with a Pro Flo 2 system installed. Truck starts fine but runs rich at startup and has a rough idle. Once it's warmed up, it runs like a top.

If you pull out and happen to stall before it's totally warm, engine sometimes floods and I need to wait like 20 minutes before starting again.

What's the protocol here with a system that you did not install and have no history on. Can start over establishing a baseline? I'm not that familiar with fuel injection systems but if I can "retune" and improve this, I would be glad to "reset" the system and begin over.

Just wondering best options when you have no history.

If it is running fine hot, then all you need to do is take some fuel out of the warm up enrichment. I don't think that you need to reset everything if it runs well everywhere else. Try taking 10% out and see how that does.

Comment

Has a wideband O2 sensor been added to the Pro-Flo system? Hard to quantify fuel tuning changes on the original narrowband O2 setup.

Comment

dont mess with your tune yet
        dont change anything until you save a copy
        because you will probably find this was the best compromise to get the system running

Comment

Working...
        X