Fuel filter before pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter before pump

Have a proflo2 and recently noticed after a drive a puddle of fuel that came from the fuel filter that is between tank and fuel pump. It's an Earl's (think its 35micron). The leak is not coming from the fuel filter to line fitting, but rather the filter itself. There is another identical filter near the passenger side area which comes after the fuel pump. I did not do this install so still figuring out how it was done and wondering if that filter should be before the pump?

You use a filter before the pump to protect the fuel pump from damage.
    The leak might just be, that the filters end caps o-rings are bad, or they just need to be tightened.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

The filter I have between the tank and pump is an Earl's and it continues to leak after tightening. I am thinking of replacing it and was looking for input on size of particulates filtered and element type for EFI. After some reading some say that sintered bronze is restrictive and also that 10micron is too low. The Edelbrock fuel filter recommended with ProFlo2 is 10micron I believe.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350...CABEgI1kfD_BwE

Comment

That's a 10 micron. You use it after the pump......before the pump use 100 micron.

A 10 micron before the pump might put air in the system.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a 6Am Earls' there now. I don't have to stick with the AN connections. Recommendations for a 100 micron filter?

Comment

Here are a couple PN#s for you to check: GF-482 & GF- 652

Good Luck....

Comment

Stainless Steel screen works very good. Summit makes some :https://www.summitracing.com/search/...0fuel%20filter

Comment

Hi on my Pro Flo 2 Cylinder 6 & 7 are not firing

Comment

So I replaced the filter with a 100 micron filter using the existing AN fittings. I thought all was well but still smelled gas. I pulled in the garage after a ride and after about 3min a decent amount of gas sprayed from the fuel filter. hard to determine if it came from the AN fittings or from the filter itself. It was almost like pressure had built up and it couldn't handle it. I'm really not sure what is going on here. Can this be specific to having the EFI system and fuel pump?

Comment

If it wasn't leaking before the filter replacement......But now it is , I would look at in install issue.

Check fittings and threads for possible damage.

Have someone cycle the key on/off while you watch where the fuel is coming from.

Comment

Working...
                    X