Air Fuel Ratio gauge from O2 sensor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Fuel Ratio gauge from O2 sensor

I have the ProFlo2 system. I would like to connect a dedicated gauge to monitor AFR. Any recommendations on gauges that work with this O2 sensor? Also would I be able to just splice off the O2 wires to the new gauge?

It is not recommended to share sensors as it can affect the sensor output to the ECU depending on the gauge (Assuming you have a narrow band sensor. Wide band sensors will not work at all if you try to share the wires). Wideband O2 sensors are relatively cheap these days and most feature a 0-5v output that can be used by the Pro Flo 2 ECU as an input to replace a narrow band O2 sensor. The AEM 30-0300 gauge is $179.00 on Summit Racing. There are other brands out there as well with similar features, I just used the AEM as an example.

Comment

Have you heard of anyone getting the AFR data from the serial port output that would normally go to the calibration unit? Is there an API for the ECU output?

Comment

You video record the displys output.
        At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

The serial port is RS232 output to the hand held or lap top depending on the connector. So the data is in RS232 format and the ECU can only control a narrow band sensor, so even if you could get something off the serial port, it would be narrow band information only. The ECU will accept wideband sensor input from an external device as it does not have the hardware to run a wideband sensor. Wideband sensors require precise circuitry in the ECU to measure the pumping current of the Nerst cell inside the sensor. Pro Flo 2 does not have it inside the ECU, the newer Pro Flo 3 uses a wideband sensor that plugs in directly to the harness. The sensor information is displayed on the android tablet that is part of the system.

As I stated above, your best option is a stand alone gauge like the AEM. That gets you a display on the dash and gives the ECU wideband sensor input to run more accurately.

Comment

This.
            Originally posted by Steve M View Post
            As I stated above, your best option is a stand alone gauge like the AEM. That gets you a display on the dash and gives the ECU wideband sensor input to run more accurately.
            So. Do this.
            1. Remove the Pro-Flo's O2 sensor.
            2. Install the AEM's O2 sensor.....its output only goes to the AEM.
            3. Send the data out of the AEM's "output port". To the Pro-Flo's O2 sensor wires....The AEM is now the PRO-FLO's O2 senser.

Comment

BITE_ME is spot on with his reply above.

Comment

That's a great idea. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

I purchased the AEM 30-0300 X-series wideband sensor/controller. I am about done with the install except for the jumper on J3 and am starting to think about what needs to be done software wise. I think I need to create a lambda2/voltage curve and apply that via b-editor, but I am pretty unsure about that process. I am not familiar with the b-editor and don't want to blow way my current setup in case thigns don't go as planned. Any and as much detail would appreciated on the process to make the calibration curve and apply it so that the ECU uses it would be great.

Comment

There's a "sticky" post about doing that.
                    You basically change the wires around. Then adjust for the curve.
                    I belive you use Microsoft's Excel to edit it. Or use that zip file that's posted.
                    You could call tech at 800-416-8628 if you need more information.

Comment

Working...
                    X