Looking for a different MAP option for 496 BBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a different MAP option for 496 BBC

Hello Forum folks. I recently setup and started tuning a 496 stroker motor with 781 oval port heads with 2.25 intake/1.88 exhaust runners cleaned up. 10:1 with a Howard's full roller cam setup duration @.050 is 233 int / 245 ext gross lift .373 on both 112 degrees of lobe separation. I am running the 35500 kit and MAP 3554. I've been messing with the fuel no spark and running the car and recording the inputs on the computer. It runs very lean 1.39 Lambda at cruise 1500-1800 RPM 12-16 vac and dumps super rich .6 Lambda when the throttle is released. It starts without issue and idles good and no engine heat issues. The car has a 5 speed manual trans and 373 gears. I was looking for a different MAP to start with if you all had one. Thanks!

You might want to call 800-416-8628.
    The software doesn't play well with the other Edelbrock software I have. It changes some of the files around, and I always prefer to be on the same version as the person needing help.
    I will be cloning one of my laptops this, or next weekend. So I can't look at the maps till then.
    There's supposed to be a PDF file some where that describes all the maps. I can't find it, and the link above in the sticky section of the forum goes to a dead link.

Basically if the map works great during the warm up, idling, and wide open throttle. Then your on the right map.
    It's the middle section that has to be adjusted. Specifically for engine braking or none braking. I believe this is where your having some issues.... I think you can slow down the IAC adjustment. But I can't tell till I look at the software. That's one of the questions you should ask on the tech line.
    <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. You lost me on the software not playing nice. Do use something different than the bEditor?

Comment

It looks like the #3554 map is going to be a good starting point for your application. All of the ProFlo2/XT maps are rough base maps that are typically enough to start and run the engine but do require tuning. Once the engine is starting and idling the customer will have the option of course tuning through the Handheld Calibration Module or using the provided software to fine tune the engine. Typically, more advanced tuners and dyno shops with EFI tuning experience will utilize the software approach. For more novice tuners and customers, the Calibration Module is often a better option.

I have attached the calibration selection matrix file with descriptions of what engine combination each base map is designed around.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hjjet1818 View Post
          Thanks for the quick response. You lost me on the software not playing nice. Do use something different than the bEditor?
          The laptop I was using has close to 400 programs on it. That's over 256GB of software. When Window's sees two different files it will ask if you want to delet/replace the file when updating the software. The not nice part is. Windows general doesn't tell me "where" the file is. So I have to "PrtSc" look for the file. Put a copy of the file in a special backup folder. Then do the update the program again. It's a pain to do. Butt some other program might need the older version of a file. So I have to back it up.

For EFI software I have about 26 different programs, and about 6 programs just for ignition systems.

PS. For the calibration PDF EFI TECH posted above. Make sure your using the same IAC motor. Stepper Motors, and PWM are two different units.
          <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

Working...
          X