This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Ford injector firing order by re-pinning harness

installing the pro flo 2 35210 on 302 HO and need to change the firing order to 13726548 ho and windsor firing order .

what pins do i need to change for this ? color to what # . or what # to what #

i know it's four wires and thinking it's 2 3 6 7 ? what pins do they need to change to ?

thanks

Dave
    Last edited by S. Armish; 09-25-2009, 08:36 AM.

On the larger of the two ECU connectors (the 34 pin), open the lock by pressing up on the single white tab on the bottom. The two white tabs on the top will pop up. To remove a wire/terminal, just grab it firmly and pull it out. To install it, just push it in until it bottoms out. If the lock doesn't close, the terminals aren't seated completely.

To change from a 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 firing order to 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8, swap the following ECU pins on the 34 pin connector:

Pins 2 and 6
    Pins 3 and 5

If you refer to the harness wiring diagram in your installation manual, the injector firing events work as follows. The injector outputs are labeled INJ 1 on Pin 7, INJ 2 on Pin 6, etc. These labels do not refer to cylinder firing order. They are the sequential firing order of the injector outputs from the ECU. INJ 1 fires first, INJ 2 fires second, INJ 3 fires third, etc. The harness routes these signals to the appropriate cylinders when the harness is installed correctly on the engine. In the case of the Windsor firing order, INJ 1 (from ECU pin 7) would go to the injector connector at cylinder # 1 (or the forward most connector on the passenger side of the engine). INJ 2 (from ECU pin 6) would go to the injector connector at cylinder # 3 (or the 3rd cylinder back on the passenger side of the engine). The rest work the same way. Once you swap your pins around, you may want to use a multi-meter and physically ring out each circuit just to be sure everything goes where it should.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by S. Armish; 09-25-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

thank you and yes that helps .

i called tech last week after figuring it out myself that 2 and 6 and 3 and 5 needed switched .

the tech guy told me to do it this way
      2 to 6
      3 to 7
      6 to 2
      7 to 3 .
      i did not agree that is why i posted this to see if he was right .

so this is how it should be for the 1372654 order on the 35210 harness right

switch pins 2 and 6 and 3 and 5

color
      black and orange to pin 6
      black and red to pin 5
      black and white to pin 3
      black and gray to pin 2

thank you

Dave

Comment

It looks like he may have been referring to the actual injector output #'s from the ECU and not the pin numbers. In any case, yes...what you posted is correct and should work fine.

Comment

so should i use the starting set up for the 351w or stick with the 302 ?
          or what start up # should i be loading with this camshaft .

Basic Operating RPM Range 2,500-5,500
          Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift 220
          Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift 220
          Duration at 050 inch Lift 220 int./220 exh.
          Advertised Intake Duration 282
          Advertised Exhaust Duration 282
          Advertised Duration 282 int./282 exh.
          Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.498 in.
          Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.498 in.
          Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.498 int./0.498 exh. lift
          Lobe Separation (degrees) 110
          Intake Valve Lash 0.000 in.
          Exhaust Valve Lash 0.000 in.

thanks

Dave

Comment

The injector firing order doesn't matter as far as the calibration is concerned. Either one will work but based on those specs, you may want to try our 3512 calibration. It was tuned on a Chevy but with a similar cam profile. The ECU doesn't care what make the engine is...It might work better for you than either of the Ford ones. I attached our most recent revision to this cal. Just unzip it and save it in your maps directory.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X