Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/84jHIvN3Q9U

Comment

Glad you found a convertor that works for you.

I don't think B&M makes "strong" converters any more..... actually I'm kind of ticked off they don't make the Hard Core Street Bandit shifter any more..... it's the only shifter that fits between the seats of my cars.

I usually use Hughes Street Master series for most of my daily drivers.
      But I might be trying out some TCI products this summer on my 460/C6.
      In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
      https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

The converter pulled was a 10 inch 3600 stall hole shot B&M.It’s not built for nitrous use wasn’t ever planning on running nitrous took a chance on it.The converter did ok with my old 355.With the sbc 421 mid track I was blowing through it.Reving out with no pull in 3rd gear.
        Dice converters did the custom verter for $150.00 more than what I paid for the off the shelf B&M.
        I contacted several converter builders and TCI all wanted north of $900.00.
        Dice builds verters for some of the fastest cars at my local track and surrounding areas.
        Google Dice converter fill out his build sheet Jeff will contact you with price and the specs of the verter he will build for you.
        Thanks I’m loving this converter over the B&M.
        Recently purchased a trailer taking the car off the street..Game on the sky is the limit now.

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
          Glad you found a convertor that works for you.

I don't think B&M makes "strong" converters any more..... actually I'm kind of ticked off they don't make the Hard Core Street Bandit shifter any more..... it's the only shifter that fits between the seats of my cars.

I usually use Hughes Street Master series for most of my daily drivers.
          But I might be trying out some TCI products this summer on my 460/C6.
          The custom converter is a 10 inch 3200 stall.The stator used Jeff at Dice said loves nitrous.

Comment

The price for good parts has gone up......

"Hello sir would you like headers, there on special today only $1200.00. That also includes FREE gaskets that your just going to put in the trash, do to the fact we upsell you the better ones for $150.00 more.....and Sir the extended warranty is a desirable option that every one wished they had purchased. It only takes 1 heat cycle to find our bad welds, and the normal warranty is for 1/2 a heat cycle. So that's a yes on the extra $250.00?.......Ok. So this is what I have so far

Headers $1200.00.
            Coating $200.00
            Gaskets $150.00
            Warranty $250.00
            Total is $1800.00

And.

Because this is a V8.
            The total is $14,400.00"

Ten years from now. Some ones going to post how cheap the above headers are.

Anyway.

I need to find out what size pilot bearing I have in the 460 first.
            But I'll fill out the form at Dice and see what he recommends.

https://www.diceconverters.com/
            In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.

Comment

The price for good parts has gone up......

"Hello sir would you like headers, there on special today only $1200.00. That also includes FREE gaskets that your just going to put in the trash, do to the fact we upsell you the better ones for $150.00 more.....and Sir the extended warranty is a desirable option that every one wished they had purchased. It only takes 1 heat cycle to find our bad welds, and the normal warranty is for 1/2 a heat cycle. So that's a yes on the extra $250.00?.......Ok. So this is what I have so far

Headers $1200.00.
              Coating $200.00
              Gaskets $150.00
              Warranty $250.00
              Total is $1800.00

And.

Because this is a V8.
              The total is $14,400.00"

Ten years from now. Some ones going to post how cheap the above headers are.

Anyway.

I need to find out what size pilot bearing I have in the 460 first.
              But I'll fill out the form at Dice and see what he recommends.

https://www.diceconverters.com/
              Wow that’s crazy on the prices..
              Thing is here in California cops are pulling over modified cars more now with state DMV ref tickets plus a 30 day hold impound fee.
              For me being only 3 miles away from the track it’s not worth the risk reason I purchased the trailer.Safe than sorry comes to mind.Impound yard they would pull many parts off my car too.You with me here?
              State reff visual and inspection? My car came Oem with a sbc 305 or 350.I have a sbc 421 in the car as of date.State reff ticket the motor amongst other parts will not get the green light during the inspection.
              Long overdue I should have taken the car off the street years ago.Street track mode I was very limited at this point to increase performance.As said with a trailer now the sky is the limit.
              You can’t go wrong with Dice (Jeff) his converters performances will surprise you...

Comment

There is a big shortage on 16 and 18ft open car trailers.I searched for weeks.Guys selling used junk for 4K and up.I went to Bakersfield got a 18ft dovetail brand new for $3,900.00
                Carson Trailers wanted half down deposit 4 month wait at the same price.
                I pay today I want to bring the item home today.
                4 months to wait for a trailer? More than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

Trailer wise. All I needed was a small one to transport motors.
                  So I bought a small Harbor Freight one.
                  Put a really nice varnished, and painted floor on it, with some heavy duty D-Rings.

Then.

I had the 13" tires/rims high speed balanced.

First time taking it out to pick up a new vintage Chevy crate block, and complete Chevy 400.
                  I did triple digits for 75 miles bringing the load home

Trailer life is better in the fast lane.

Comment

Trailer wise. All I needed was a small one to transport motors.
                    So I bought a small Harbor Freight one.
                    Put a really nice varnished, and painted floor on it, with some heavy duty D-Rings.

Then.

I had the 13" tires/rims high speed balanced.

First time taking it out to pick up a new vintage Chevy crate block, and complete Chevy 400.
                    I did triple digits for 75 miles bringing the load home

Trailer life is better in the fast lane.
                    My bud bought a Harbor Freight trailer and loves it for his intended use.
                    Yea Bite Me trailer was a must at this time.I saved the money for a cage and a new paint job.
                    I have to have the electric brake controller installed on my tow rig and rear spring helpers installed this Saturday.
                    Not to mention a trip to DMV to get a vin number sense the trailer was home built.
                    it’s bad ass professionally built.
                    Last edited by my77chevy; 04-19-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Looks nice.

Comment

Looks nice.
                          Thank you..

Comment

My old street exhaust was choking the 421.I was barley tapping the gas pedal in all reality.Car never mphr’d over 95 in the 8th mile.No other changes 98+ now.
                            https://youtu.be/o6RsJcXHhCg

Comment

Spun on the launch misfire on the 2-3 shift plug wire was loose fouled the plug.Going to do a well needed tuneup and get after it…https://youtu.be/MKqrHuDSzms

Comment

Working...
                              X