Nitrous plate with spacer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous plate with spacer?

When I mounted my plate kit I had a 1 inch spacer under the the carb.I pulled the 1 inch plate when the Nitrous kit was installed.I noticed right away mid to top end performance was lacking N/A.I am thinking to add the 1 inch plate above the Nitrous plate.Any clue if performance will be had adding the spacer back above the Nitrous plate?

Was it open, or a 4 hole spacer?
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Open thanks for the fast reply.

Comment

I would put it back on "below" the nitrous plate. This way the nitrous mixture will mix sooner with the carburetors atomized fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
          I would put it back on "below" the nitrous plate. This way the nitrous mixture will mix sooner with the carburetors atomized fuel.
          I was thinking the same but Stevie owner of Induction Solutions says he preffs the spacer above the Nitrous plate.IDK going to try both under and above and see if any gains will be had..
          I will say this if youre running a RPM air gap or non airgap RPM intake.The one inch open spacer will wake up the RPM intake N/A.

Comment

I mounted the spacer above the Nitrous plate..This time of year I run 7.5's in the 8th mile..No changes in jetting or timing with the spacer ran in this order..7.46 7.45 7.44 seemed with the cooler air coming in the better my et was had.Yet it was very humid weather.Never dead hooked either through out all the runs..Lost 60ft times not hooking but picked up 1 mphr..I have a few things in mind to adjust before my next outting..
            Sidenote my conrads at the track said THATS A BRACKET CAR that will win many rounds..Very consistent but my rt's were all over the place.

Comment

Are you using any kind of traction bars? Or maybe a torque arm?

I picked up a factory torque arm mount for my Vega a couple of years ago. But it seams to run straighter with just the traction bars.

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
                Are you using any kind of traction bars? Or maybe a torque arm?

I picked up a factory torque arm mount for my Vega a couple of years ago. But it seams to run straighter with just the traction bars.
                4 link with boxed lower arms with solid bushings. Top arms are adjustable..Kit was purchased from Southside performance..Its time for new rear meats these are done...
                I found my old 4 hole spacer that I used..Its a 1/2 inch the 1 inch open spacer clearence to hood was to tight for my likings..
                Thanks for your speedy reply BITE ME...
                Last edited by my77chevy; 10-06-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X