New member questions regarding the Edelbrock Universal Fuel Pump System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member questions regarding the Edelbrock Universal Fuel Pump System

I have a couple of questions regarding the Edelbrock Universal Fuel Sump System, I am using the Pump with a Fitech 400 Go Sreet EFI:

1) Do I need a vacuum hose on pressure regulator port with my Fitech System?

2) is their any rule of thumb regarding the fuel pressure adjustment? for example "a 1/4 turn counterclockwise will reduce the pressure by "X""

Any guidance is appreciated!

What type of fuel system does FiTech recommend?

You should be able to duplicate what ever type of system is needed.
    In my neighborhood, if you open your hood to check your oil, and the vehicle still runs after you close it.......Then your labeled the Neighborhood Mechanic.
    https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat...?photoid=42773

Comment

Originally posted by SD73Stang View Post
      I have a couple of questions regarding the Edelbrock Universal Fuel Sump System, I am using the Pump with a Fitech 400 Go Sreet EFI:

1) Do I need a vacuum hose on pressure regulator port with my Fitech System?

2) is their any rule of thumb regarding the fuel pressure adjustment? for example "a 1/4 turn counterclockwise will reduce the pressure by "X""

Any guidance is appreciated!
      I ran the sump for a while before finally getting around to an in-tank pump. In order to properly adjust the pressure accurately I placed a pressure gauge in-line before the throttle body

Comment

I have a 41 Cadillac with an ls 5.3 , installed last Thursday, worked perfect, car was running perfect... until yesterday started miss firing under load, fuel pod and filter get extremely hot , originally when i first turn on key I could hear pre pump humming,free flowing, now have to really listen for it and no fuel coming from return line ( I pulled it off to check) thinking something stuck inside pod not returning extra fuel and pod pump heating up fuel in pod causing vapor lock, any one else ever see this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy o View Post
          I have a 41 Cadillac with an ls 5.3 , installed last Thursday, worked perfect, car was running perfect... until yesterday started miss firing under load, fuel pod and filter get extremely hot , originally when i first turn on key I could hear pre pump humming,free flowing, now have to really listen for it and no fuel coming from return line ( I pulled it off to check) thinking something stuck inside pod not returning extra fuel and pod pump heating up fuel in pod causing vapor lock, any one else ever see this happen?
          What kind of fuel pump are you using ?
          What return line are you talking about ?
          Don't get too caught up in the numbers.
          Just give the Engine what it wants &
          Let the numbers be what they are.

Jim McFarland....

Comment

Working...
          X