plug wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug wires

I bought the pro flo 4 for a small block mopar and it came with an hei cap for a Chevy that makes my expensive wires not work. Does and body know what the part number would be for a socket cap on this billet distributor? Other then changing wire ends. My wires are Taylor 10.4
    Last edited by wideopen; 03-08-2020, 10:44 AM.

Those are really nice wires, but i think your stuck swapping the plug ends unfortunately with a set for the HEI cap. If you do it careful enough, you wont need to alter the length at all. I have done it before and it is a pain but worth not having to buy a new set of wires. Good luck with the build.

Comment

Unfortunately i already did this with ends from taylor wore my fingers out just getting new boots on used a little heat to help but then burned my fingers hopein it was worth it

Comment

Originally posted by wideopen View Post
        Unfortunately i already did this with ends from taylor wore my fingers out just getting new boots on used a little heat to help but then burned my fingers hopein it was worth it
        A little Silicon paste/ or dielectric grease , goes a long way to making it easier to slide the boots on.

Comment

I was working on a twin screw ( 2 small block chevys ) last week, and the distributors need different booots then what came with the universal/you build plug wire sets.
          So I reused the boots, and terminals from the old ones.
          1 hour later I was done with the 18 sparkplug wires. I used 2 small packets of silicone grease.
          It's actually very easy to do.
          At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Working...
          X