Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a PCV valve with Elite series valve covers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a PCV valve with Elite series valve covers?

A friend of mine gave me a set of Elite Series valve covers that fit an LA small block Mopar motor. The problem is they didn't come with any crankcase breather or PCV valves. Each valve cover has a single hole in it and a baffle under the hole. I assume these holes need rubber grommets and some kind of crankcase breather and PCV assembly. Unfortunately, these valve covers do not appear to be offered by Edelbrock anymore and I don't have the instruciton sheet that tells me what I need to install a breather and a PCV valve.

Can anyone tell me what I need to install a crankcase breather and a PCV valve on these valve covers? Thanks.

They have a 1-1/4" hole. Summit Racing would be a good place to search.
    Edelbrock Elite Series Breather part numbers are: 4204, 4214, 42044
    <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

That covers the breather, what about the PCV?

Comment

Use what ever one works. Seriously.
        I have 12 different ones for 4 cylinder to V8's that I use for testing.

Tips:
        Use a factory one for stock type camshafts.
        Use a Big Block one for mild camshafts.
        If oil is coming out the breather. Try a different one....or you need new rings.
        <-- Do not click the BLUE boxes. They are a trap. You will be sucked into the Matrix, and never leave. The project in your garage will never be finished. You have been warned.

Comment

I've been tempted to buy one of these. But I have to many engines. http://www.engineprofessional.com/ar...Q315_34-44.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X