No announcement yet.

Ecu mapping on a crate motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be the 232 to USB adapter.......Also Iv'e had laptops where the USB port has gone bad......had to be re soldered to the circuit board.
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the adapter and tried different computers. The ecu is not connecting. My calibration module is not even working. Engine will no longer start.

Comment

Sounds like a power issue:

Main power fuse ok?
        Ground connection to battery?
        PINK/BLACK ignition wire: bypass and connect to toggle switch that's connected to battery directly for testing.

Comment

I have tried everything I know of. There was a fuse blown but I replace that. The engine will turn over but I can tell it is not right. Will not start. Even my calibration module comes on but shows no connection. I have taken the ECU out and plugged it into different computers (using the power adapter) and still no connection. This may be something I did. The last time I was connected, I was printing some charts and hit extract instead. Could I have deleted the tune causing it to no longer show connection?

Comment

If trying to connect the ECU to a Laptop /PC you must use WINDOWS 7 or older O.S. to connect to PF2.

Comment

What fuse did you replace?
              3 Amp, or 20 Amp?

Comment

I replaced the 3 AMP

Comment

That fuse is for the display, and ECU turn on. It should never blow out...in less the wires get shorted. Or some internal component fried.

You should call the tech line at 1-800-416-8628 to see if repairs can be made.

If repairs are not a option. You could upgrade to Pro Flo 4.....I see Summit Racing has some new Edelbrock parts that are needed for the upgrade......The IAC motor is a different style now ( on the Pro Flo 4 ), then what was used in older products.

Comment

Are you sure I could upgrade to the PF 4? Will that PF 4 work with any of the PF 2 crate engines? I know I would have to change out the wiring but I would not want to do that and it not work.

Comment

Do you have the XT type intake. Or the 4 barrel throttle body?
                      Better yet. Do you know the part number for the crate motor?

Comment

I have pt 46050. E-Force Enforcer Supercharged

Comment

Hey Bite_Me. What do you think?

Comment

I am being told they no longer offer this crate motor in an EFI version. Wonder why? Problems? Can't seem to get any help with my problem.

Comment

Pro-Flo 2 is discontinued.
                              Pro-Flo 4 is the only option available.

Remove rear throttle body, distributor, wirring harness, and O2 sensor of current motor.

Get kit #35760, and use it's parts as replacements.... ECU, wirring harness, throttle body, O2 sensor, and distributor.

Use calibration map:
                              For 43PSI fuel #5105_v65.TAB.
                              For 58PSI fuel use #5106_v65.TAB.

Comment

Working...
                              X