No announcement yet.

More AFR correction issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the RPMs don't drop do you think the IAC is bad ?

Engine up over 170* , idle set according to instructions but varies from 640 to 780 , put my finger over the hole and it still varies the same up and down .

Do you have a part number for an IAC ?
    Last edited by nonracer; 05-15-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ac)+valve,6072

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkCKaWJIhA
      Don't power a GM IAC valve like he did. Some will unscrew them selves, and the spring will shoot it out.

Last edited by BITE_ME; 05-15-2020, 08:02 PM.
      At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tHA9t2U8-Y <--Nice simple video, But E-Street V1 doesn't display the values.

On this one, go to 13:53 to see testing the wires with a test light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIHhDGLx9Lg
        Last edited by BITE_ME; 05-15-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks ! Ill check it out

Comment

Looked at all the videos , got a set of Noid lights and tested the IAC circuit . Everything tested fine , bought a new IAC just to try and it does exactly the same thing . I have another ECU , I guess Ill try that next since nothing else works .

Comment

Put the other ECU in ..........same results . Loaded 36006 map again and set idle to about 850 , AFRC is good but idle goes up over 1500 when you put it in gear then wont return when put in park or neutral . I'm all out of ideas .

Comment

Are you using an adapter to install the EFI onto the intake manifold?

Throttle sticking?

Comment

Originally posted by BITE_ME View Post
                  Are you using an adapter to install the EFI onto the intake manifold?

Throttle sticking?
                  No its directly on the intake ( square bore ) except when I tried the 1" spacer . Took the throttle body off twice cleaned and inspected it , nothing sticking ,no visible issues . Return spring is good , ran it with the throttle and TV cable disconnected too. Same results

Comment

Did a smoke test thinking there was an internal vacuum leak but no luck . I'm going to put the original IAC motor back on , put the original ECU back in and reset the entire thing . I'm guessing it will still have the same problems .

Comment

Put everything back the way it was in the beginning with the 36003 map , runs the same . AFRC at -25 idles ok around 750 but still surges a bit , I got the AFRC down between -2 to 2 but I had to put the idle AFR at 12.88 . When i put it around 13.5 or leaner it starts surging .

Loaded the 36000 map and AFRC was back to -25 , loaded 36006 map and AFRC is great only varies by a few numbers but as soon as I put it in gear the idle surges from under 300 ( almost stalls ) to over 1000 .

Probably useless information but all the header tubes are around the same temperature 230ish , collector temp is about 375 on both , water temp with the infrared gun is about 185 near the sensor and thermostat but the gauge display still say 208 or 214 .

The only thing that is different from when the system was on the other car is the wiring harness , can there be anything wrong in the harness ?

Comment

Change the system to 60 psi return like it was in the other car , loaded " correct " map and it seems to idle good and AFRC was in range . Waited for temp to go over 165 set idle, TPS etc still had nice idle , was going to drive it but when I put it in gear it started to surge a little but it corrected itself and idled nice again then I turned on the AC since I had some issues with this before and it idled even smoother . I put it back in park and the idle surged from about 300 to 1200 then just died like I turned the key off, started it again and it was back to its surging and erratic idle .

I see by the lack of responses I'm on my own here with no more help .

Last thing I'll try before getting a different system ( not Edelbrock ) is a new O2 sensor . Just something else to try

Comment

I believe when you turn the key OFF. You have to wait 10 seconds for the IAC valve to repark.

"I see by the lack of responses I'm on my own here with no more help ."
                          To be honest. My brain hurts reading threads that go over 20 posts ( this ones at 57 posts now ). It's hard to remember what has been done, and what worked, and did not work.
                          It is best, now that you have some experience with the system, and it's components. That you start a new posting.

Comment

Starting a new post usually ends up with all the same questions being asked about what was done . A quick summary : nothing that has been has worked . Ill post everything that has been done in one post in a new thread .

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X