Street v2 new install won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street v2 new install won't start

Just tried cranking it this evening and I'm not getting any spark, nothing at timing light or at coil. I have sbc with ignition kit. I did have CDI box, but I also tried bypassing it but nothing. I turned off self learning bc I need to bake off paint inside headers before I foul o2. I didn't have 02 sensor connected to harness, I'll try at least connecting it to harness. Any ideas?

I think I figure it out, my painless harness had choke power, but it was not switched ignition, it would kill on ignition, I'm gonna splice into coil power I know works, well see.

Comment

Got it running pretty good with just coil, but wont run well if i connect my older msd 6a cdi box, maybe bc i had tach output connected on cdi. If i cant use cdi box is there a way to get tach signal for my gauge in dash from the 3674 ignition control?

Comment

The only thing you can try is to run your tach from the negative side of the coil. The E-Street ECU doesn't have a dedicated Tach output. MSD and others make tach adapter modules that may work for your application.

Comment

Thanks I got it from neg. side of coil, works great. Finally got it running pretty good. I wish there was a ECU switch to keep fans off only during startup. I have my fans set to come on at 174 & 178. If I restart and my temp is around 200 with both fans on my alternator squeals the belt, it's a 140 amp, maybe I could switch to 100 amp with less drag? If I set the temps up I can keep them off at startup, not sure what is good start temp for fans. Overall I really like this kit. I have the ignition kit & sump.
          Last edited by SugarBearJr; 01-10-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

You can use some thing like this, to delay the outputs: https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalo...alty-items/tr7
            There about $10.00. But they are a little hard to program for some people.
            It does have a negative in, and negative out so it's basically wired in series with the outputs of the ECU.
            At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

Working...
            X