E`Street V2 at start up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E`Street V2 at start up

first would like to say thanks to be on this form ! Now l just installed the E2 on my 1969 440, and everything is good except at stat up. I let the pump cycle 2 times to mark sure theres fuel at the injectors and when i start up the car it idles rough for about 20 -30 seconds then smooths out and when l say idles rough the RPMs are around 1-400, up and down ! anybody got some ideas and also its seems l can't control the idle speed on the table at all !!! help please !!

Sounds like you have a ignition signal problem.
    What is the make and model of your distributor system?
    At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

The O2 sensor takes 20-30 seconds to warm up, so that is part of it. What map are you on? What is the AFR Correction at idle when warmed up?

Comment

right now I'm using a MDS distributer until the Edlebrock distributer comes in for the E2 setup

Comment

I didn't know you can choose a map ! how and where on the tablet is the map chooses ? and which one should i use

Comment

the map setting I'm using is the one on the setup-wizard uses

Comment

On the home page of the app it displays the ECU serial number, software version and map number. If a question was answered incorrectly in the setup wizard, you can end up on the wrong map. The engine runs, but not as well as it could. Also, what is your base ignition timing set to? TBI systems like a lot of initial timing. We recommend 18-20 degrees depending on the camshaft. If it is a race cam, then try as much as 22-24 initial and limit your total timing to what is was before, probably 32-34 degrees.

Comment

there was only one map that came up. went through the wizard just to make sure i was doing it right( i had a e-street1 than replaced it with e-street2 ) so I have done this before and its not new to me.it has factory cam and the timing is set. it doesn't matter if i turn off the car for the night or just for 20 seconds it starts and idles hard for awhile then RPMs go up to where i set the idle screws too ! is it my disturber cause I'm waiting for the kit with disturber that goes with this E-2 system ?

Comment

What is the map number and camshaft duration at .050"? I need to know this to confirm you are on the correct map.

What happens if you only cycle the key once or not at all? There is Cranking fuel adjustment under the Advanced Tuning menu. If you have too much fuel under cranking, it takes a bit for that to clear out. Try reducing the cranking fuel by 10% and only cycle the key once.

Comment

ok thanks , ill try that

Comment

I'm having the same exact issue on a 440 I just built using the Edelbrock Rolling Thunder hydraulic roller cam, Eddy E-Street Heads, Eddy single plane intake, and the E-Street V1 fuel injection. Engine runs awesome when warmed up. It just seems like the IAC doesn't comensate during cold start. Edelbrock sent us the new V2 computer and harness, so my question is will it have more tuneability for cold start? I've ordered a new O2 sensor as well, however just learned the the O2 sensor doesn't play in during cold start.

Comment

The O2 sensor is used after 30 seconds on startup. It takes some time for the O2 sensor to go from room temperature to 700 degrees and any readings taken while warming up are not 100% accurate.

For the IAC, you want to adjust the screw on the throttle body so that the IAC% displayed on the tablet is around 20% at idle.

For E-Street V2 there is a Cranking Fuel engine adjustment for when the engine is cranking only. There is Cold Start adjustment which affects after the engine has started until it is warm.

Any of the self learning systems will get better the more time it has to learn. So the first few times you perform a cold start it will run rougher than after it has had a couple hundred miles of driving and many cold starts.

The biggest thing to watch is the AFR Correction when it is warmed up. If you are on the correct map for your engine combination, then the correction will be less than +/- 5% at idle and cruise. If it is 10% or more, then there is a physical problem with the installation or it is on the wrong map.

Comment

I don't think the E-Street V1 has the capability to adjust the IAC, as it has only 1 adjustment screw on the throttle body.

Comment

A throttle blade and a IAC valve are "basically" the same thing......new cars that have a "drive by wire throttle" don't even need a IAC valve.

I know you're new to EFI systems. So you should study up on each of the sensors used. Wikipedia, and Google are good places to start.
                            Most Definitely look up "closed loop", and "open loop".
                            If you click on the "Help" icon on the tablet/phone more information will come up.
                            At 43,861 MPH Elon Musk now owns the fastest car in this Galaxy

Comment

After installing the new Edelbrock Ignition control, found the problem to be that the 12v switched wire was dropping below 6 volts during cranking cycle.

Comment

Working...
                              X