Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New E Street 2 efi kit with spark control kit

Hi All !

I'm putting an E Street 2 efi with spark control on a stock 1968 Ford 302. Can anyone recommend the best cam and intake to use with this engine that might give me a little more pick up and go ?

Is this a automatic transmission, or manual transmission truck?
    Posting Green

All my posts are made from 80% post consumer waste recycled pixels :-)

Comment

Hi Bite_me

It's a 1968 Ranchero with a C4 automatic but I'll be putting an AOD in it and changing the gearing in the rear end ( to what I don't know yet ). What I want is a car I can climb into and take a 500 mile ride yet have it be a tad bit more impressive than stock.

Comment

I would go with a Performer-Plus camshaft kit #2122. It will give you power, but you won't have to change the torque convertor. The stock gears will work, and give you good fuel economy for 500 mile road trips.

For the intake manifold #2121 will work fine. #7121 is taller ( front/center/back ) so it looks very impressive. You just have to make sure you have the extra 1" for it.
        Both intakes can be polished just add a 1 to the part number.

Lokar has a bracket #SRK-4000 to use with OD automatic transmissions.
        Edelbrock adapters #1483, and #1490 might be useful for the installation.

Posting Green

Comment

Sorry it took me awhile to reply but I work 12 hour shifts. I have a Edelbrock Top End Engine Kit 2027 that's been sitting in the spare bedroom for a year. The E street EFI was a recent purchase. The thing is that the guy I'm talking to about putting it together for me say's I should just go through the bottom end too. This car doesn't burn a drop of oil between oil changes. No knocks. No ticks. No puff of smoke. Nothing. I've been pricing good bottom end parts and realizing that the engine would have just way more money in it than I can or should spend. Hence why I figured the throttle body fuel injection would be a tad bit more return for snappiness. I'm already running a Mallory multi spark ignition. A transgo shift kit with a cheeta turbo shifter. This project is reminding me of a boat.

So I guess I have a choice. I should probably just use the cam, manifold and timing gear out of the kit and try to dump the heads on craigslist. I have the entire kit listed because I didn't know if there would be a better intake/cam kit that would go better with the Efi. since that is probably going to be the limits I can go on the engine. Don't even bring up how much exterior chrome costs on a 1968 Ranchero. From the rear window forward it's a Fairlane. they only made that model in 1968 and 1969. 68 was the first year for the 302. There were a limited amount of 289s made in 1968.

I bought this car from the gentleman that started The Outsiders car club in Colville, Wa. He bought it from a man in Oregon. Don't know much about it yet other than it was made in Kansas. I've made some changes to it but it was frankensteined before I got it with an older restoration. I'm basically just upgrading whats there.

Comment

I would go a head and use the whole #2027 kit.

Motors that sit, then drive general have coked-up piston rings.
            When ever I buy a "toy" I run some carburetor cleaner on high idle through the carburetor.... Sea Foam Spay top engine cleaner works too.
            Then I do a cylinder and radiator PSI test. If the motor tests ok. Then it's camshaft, timing chain, and intake manifold changing time.

Posting Green

Comment

Working...
            X