Edelbrock Community Forum  

Go Back   Edelbrock Community Forum > Non EFI Forums > Crate Engines

Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Default Edelbrock Crate Engine Identification

Is there any way to determine if the motor in my car is an actual Edelbrock crate motor?

The previous owner says that it is but doesn't have the supporting documentation.

Any unique i.d. numbers or can it be verified by the serial number?

Thanks...

Last edited by S. Armish; 10-02-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 PM

There should be a serial number stamped on the front face of the fuel pump mount boss (the side facing the front of the vehicle). If there isn't one there, it isn't one of our engines. If it is there and you can read it, we can tell you the build information for the engine.

Last edited by S. Armish; 10-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:18 PM

To moderator: I too have a engine claimed by previous owner as an older Edelbrock crate. The block is a 3970010. There is no number on the flat in front of the right head where Chevy stamps their ID so it is likely some type of crate. On the flat surface forward of the fuel pump there is a single "3" stamped with bottom of the letter in the 10 o'clock position. There are no other numbers I have found (outside of the shift/cast numbers). Both the intakes and carb are Edelbrock. The distributor is Mallory optic. The heads are iron. what is this?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM

Default serial number

hi guys. how are you?. iīd like to make a question: iīve just recently bought a 1967 camaro rs for reconstruction, itīs in pretty good shape but i want to know the especifications of the engine because the guy that sold it to me didnīt have the info. i found this number on the documentation k0225cm161175187. is this the id number of the engine.? (it say so but..).

thanks for your time.

Miguel Requena.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Armish View Post
There should be a serial number stamped on the front face of the fuel pump mount boss (the side facing the front of the vehicle). If there isn't one there, it isn't one of our engines. If it is there and you can read it, we can tell you the build information for the engine.
I have a boss 347 pro flo crate engine. I haven't pulled it out of the crate yet; but does this information also hold true for my engine?

Thanks