This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo XT Plus Information

Edelbrock is currently in development of an upgraded version of the new Pro Flo2 architecture. It will be called XT Plus. It is intended for competition vehicles and will include the following features:

SOFTWARE

* Live tuning
    * 3D fuel and spark maps
    * All maps with adjustable breakpoints
    * Programmable sensor calibrations
    * Closed loop lambda control
    * Unique self-mapping software
    * Fuel and spark trims for each cylinder
    * 3D injection phase map
    * Sensor correction tables
    * Closed loop boost control
    * ECU loadable with 2 maps
    * Adjustable internal logger sample rates
    * Programmable Engine Protection functions

OUTPUTS

* 8 injector drives - Saturated Drivers
    * 1 coil driver
    * PWM Wastegate control
    * Lambda heater control
    * Nitrous control (4 stages)
    * Fuel pump output
    * Digital tach output
    * Stepper motor (IAC 4 wire)
    * PWM output for IAC
    * Data link to data logger

DIGITAL INPUTS

* Engine speed (hall or mag)
    * Cam position (hall or mag)

SWITCH INPUTS
    *Engine Kill
    *Beacon (or clutch switch)
    *Pit Switch (or master nitrous enable)
    *Map Select (2 unique maps possible switch on the fly)
    *Boost Switch (or gear position)

ANALOG INPUTS

* Throttle, Battery, Airbox, Air Temp, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Fuel Press, Oil Press, Lambda 1, Lambda 2, ECU Temp

DIAGNOSTICS

* Error codes for all sensors and pickups
    * Programmable error thresholds
    * Sensor Min and Max values recorded
    * Non-volatile logger memory (1 meg)
    Last edited by S. Armish; 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM.

Pro Flo XT Plus

When is the XT Plus going to be available

Comment

We are expecting units to be shipping mid year 2009.

Comment

Hello, will the Pro-Flo XT+ system be able to run a Pro-Flo Chevy 3500 manifold and throttle body and Mallory Hall effect distributor? Thanks.

Comment

Yes it will.

Comment

Pro Flo XT Plus SB Chrysler

I have a mild 360 in my 69 dart with edelbrock alloy heads and want to upgrade from carburetors to fuel injection. When will the XT Plus be available and what sort of performance could be expected?:

Comment

XT Plus For Chrysler

If I was to purchase a smallblock Chrysler Pro Flo2 kit will edelbrock swap out the ECU for the XT Plus unit?

Comment

It wouldn't be a simple "swap out" because they don't cost the same but we might be able to work something out. The pinout from one to the other is the same. Your Pro Flo2 harness will work with the XT Plus ECU.

SA

Comment

When will Pro-Flo XT Plus part no. 3660 be available?

Comment

Originally posted by S. Armish View Post
                    It wouldn't be a simple "swap out" because they don't cost the same but we might be able to work something out. The pinout from one to the other is the same. Your Pro Flo2 harness will work with the XT Plus ECU.

SA

id also like to swap the ecu from my kit 3527 w/ the new xt plus ecu - ive already purchased my kit - i will use my harness from kit 3527 - please let me know what i will need to do - thanx

Comment

XT plus: contents and release

Hello.

I'm tempted to use the XTplus system as it has some more features than the standard XT; logging, for instance.

Now; information on the XTplus on the Edelbrock pages are rather limited: it tells all the features on the ECU and the part numbers, not what's in the package. Wait a second, fond something: engine harness. Injectors, rails, manifold & TB has to be purchased separetely.
                      Does this mean that all sensors, invluding lamda and MAP are included?

And one more thing: the XT plus use high impedance injectors only. Are the Edelbrock Pico injectors high impedance? Or can I choose between 27 and 60 lb/hr Edelbrock (stadted high imp.) injectors only? After doing the math, I will need 45 lb/hr injectores- can go bigger, ofcourse. The injectors also have to fit the XT manifold & rail...

Yet one more thing: Edelbrock say you got to use distributor 3617. Is this included in the XTplus kit? Has to be bought separetely?

The XT kit and manifold are now on Summit's pages, but I cannot find the XTplus. So, when will it be available?

Best regards
                      RuneS.
                      Last edited by Capri302; 01-31-2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capri302 View Post
                        Does this mean that all sensors, invluding lamda and MAP are included?
                        Sensors are separate for this system but existing Pro Flo/2/XT sensors are compatible with XT plus.

And one more thing: the XT plus use high impedance injectors only. Are the Edelbrock Pico injectors high impedance? Or can I choose between 27 and 60 lb/hr Edelbrock (stadted high imp.) injectors only? After doing the math, I will need 45 lb/hr injectores- can go bigger, ofcourse. The injectors also have to fit the XT manifold & rail...
                        All injectors currently offered by Edelbrock are high impedance. There are two heights though. All our "Pico" injectors are the same dimensions and they come in 19, 29, 35 and 44 lb/hr sizes. Our 60 lb/hr injectors manufactured by Siemens are taller. Most of our fuel rail kits are offered with either tall or short fuel rail stands.

Yet one more thing: Edelbrock say you got to use distributor 3617. Is this included in the XTplus kit? Has to be bought separetely?
                        Where did you see it stated that you have to use distributor 3617? There are many other options.

The XT Plus systems are going out on a limited basis right now. Do you currently have a Pro Flo system?

SA

Comment

On the Ford 7128, 71283: "Installation Notes: Recommended gasket: Edelbrock #7220. Distributor #3617 required. Manifold Dimensions: A-9.86", B-9.64", C-21.11"

Also: There's only 1 fuel rail listed for the XT manifold. Is this for the Pico injectors? If not, what part no. should I use?

I see the Xt+ has input for a crank trigger? Is there a kit for this w/ crank wheel as well? Can I run EDIS on this ECU?

And also: Can I run 2 x broad band sensors? One at each bank.

What about other inputs to the ECU?... Does the XT+ engine harness have more/ other sensor add-points than the std. XT? (I've been looking at the XT tech PDF, that's why I ask.)

Comment

Originally posted by Capri302 View Post
                            On the Ford 7128, 71283: "Installation Notes: Recommended gasket: Edelbrock #7220. Distributor #3617 required. Manifold Dimensions: A-9.86", B-9.64", C-21.11"
                            For that manifold, the 3617 distributor is required. It was custom designed for us by Mallory to fit.

Also: There's only 1 fuel rail listed for the XT manifold. Is this for the Pico injectors? If not, what part no. should I use?
                            That fuel rail kit can be used with either the short pico style injectors (any size) or the longer Siemens (60 lb/hr).

I see the Xt+ has input for a crank trigger? Is there a kit for this w/ crank wheel as well? Can I run EDIS on this ECU?
                            The actual crank trigger is not included. There are several harness options though that will allow you to adapt the harness to a distributor or separate crank/cam sensor inputs. Two timing patterns are compatible either an 8 x 1 pattern or our standard Pro Flo type timing pattern 7 x 1 short (same as Ford EEC IV TFI distributors).

And also: Can I run 2 x broad band sensors? One at each bank.
                            Yes you can.

What about other inputs to the ECU?... Does the XT+ engine harness have more/ other sensor add-points than the std. XT? (I've been looking at the XT tech PDF, that's why I ask.)
                            Yes. This document lists the technical specs for each XT Plus harness:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...aft_Manual.pdf

SA

Comment

Thank you, mr. Armish.
                              Lovely!

RuneS

Comment

Working...
                              X